Thread: Did a little color correction,Need your suggestions.

Cool Did a little color correction,Need your suggestions.

Software:-Vegas Pro 11.0

When you do this sort of work you need to bear in mind what the video is about so this example if it was an opening shot for a horror movie, I'd say it was right BUT if it's a nature video I'd say it is too dark. If you look at the trees at the back you have lost a lot of the detail.

I don't know if that helps.

I was about to wonder about MB's comment, but then I looked again and noticed that 'After' was on the left side.

London, England

OP says this is an example of Colour Correction - but as others have hinted, it looks like "darker". That might be good if it's to take Titles (white/pale letters), but again as others have hinted...we should be told the purpose of the sequence.

I tend to under-expose in the camera (to preserve highs) and then adjust in Edit if necessary, but oddly it usually isn't necessary.
    FWIW, in Vegas Studio I drop the brightness (strictly "Opacity)", it's a simple "pull-down" for the duration of titles, so the text shows clearly . . . it's almost like the Text is whiter than white (only it isn't of course). No more than 10%, so it really doesn't show.
    Focus...been watching Sarah Beeny's prog on home improvement - where the Bullet-points are displayed against a Still that's defocussed. It certainly looks to make the text more important, but I'm not sure the defocus isn't excessive. [Channel Four, if interested].

Last edited by vidmanners; 10-02-2012 at 09:04 PM.