Thread: Get the Duck outta here! | Comedy Film

Default Get the Duck outta here! | Comedy Film

Hey guys

Check out our latest short comedy film. This is one of my personal favourites and I'm not just saying it because I wrote it.

Synopsis: Mark is savaged by a beast on the loose. The guys must track the beast and deal with it!

A Fearless Freak Production

Year of production : 2012

Genre: Comedy

Cast: Ant Richardson, Callum Thomson

DP: Patrick Shelton

Writer: Callum Thomson

Editor: Callum Thomson

Music: Graeme Osborne

Graeme Osborne Composer

Please drop us a 'like' too
    Facebook: ‪http://www.facebook.com/fearlessfreakproductions‬

I agree with you it is one of your better ones. I thought the slow mo worked and I like the gag at the end.

Well done.

Blog Entries

I enjoyed that.
    What happened to the 180 degree rule (0:13 - 0:42). You kept swapping sides like Itailians in a war!
    I enjoyed the visual gag where you slowed down the already rather slow action as you "burst" throgh the door with your guns.
    I'm always drawn towards you as characters. You're sort of likable buffoons - a modern take on traditions that go back via Morecombe and Wise to Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy.
    Tim

Thanks for watching guys

I made sure I got better sound on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I enjoyed that.
    What happened to the 180 degree rule (0:13 - 0:42). You kept swapping sides like Itailians in a war!
    In regards to crossing the line, you're absolutely right. We did this due to the geometry of the room and the fact that you needed to see the actors faces. We felt we could marginally over look the rule for this sake. You're the only person thus far to mention it also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctbullet View Post
    You're the only person thus far to mention it also.
    Yeah, I'm annoying like that
    The geometry and setup was so clearly stated that it didn't really matter. I had a feeling a short way into that sequence of "somethings a little odd here" rather than "WTF is happening". Emotion/Storyline trumps strict continuity every time.
    Tim

Hey, does anyone else have any feedback? I'm really pleased with this film but I'm having trouble getting it seen, any suggestions?

I'm really pleased with this film but I'm having trouble getting it seen, any suggestions?

And so you should be. The story line was great, the camera angles good. Slo mo shots good. And very well edited. A pleasure to watch. Very professionally done. Ideal trailer material for a feature length film.

Having trouble getting it seen! Its only been on Youtube 3 days and you have 300 views already that's not a bad start. You could add as much information as you can to the description of the movie and as many relevant tag words as you can think of. It may seem a pane to do but you will be well rewarded with views. Google and Youtube will index this info and give the movie greater exposure. You could also try promoting on Twitter.

Again great job! Well done.

I like the slo mo party like the others How did you do it?

What about grading? I think the grading is no that cinematic but thats a matter of taste for sure! The idea is great.
    I like the perspective when he walks with the gun! Nice movie!

Cheers