Thread: Vegas Movie Studio 11: Problem With Opening Generated Media for text.

Unhappy Vegas Movie Studio 11: Problem With Opening Generated Media for text.

So first off I can import sample text into the timeline, then for obvious reasons i no longer want it to say "sample text" so i click on "Edit Generated Media". Nothing! i have looked for the page it left right and centre. it does not want to be found. it used to work fine and now nothing. if you have any insight in to this i would be very greatful. Thanks
    Mace

Blog Entries

It sounds like you have dragged the window right off or very close to the side of the page. Often you'll find it hiding under the Windows taskbar. Look veru carefully. Try shutting down Vegas, changing the screen resolution in Windows, re-opening Vegas: if visible move it again, close Vegas and reset your Windows screen resolution.
    Ctrl+Shift when opening Vegas resets everything to default (with the peculiar exception of some Windows so it might not work in this case)
    Tim

Thanks for the reply. Did try your suggestions but unfortunatly no luck. I think it might just be a bug so if sony do not get back to me soon I shall purchase something new. Thank you any way.
    Mace

Mace,
    I don't think this is really a bug, only something in your workflow. Read also this thread
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...x-presets.html

Vegas Studio v10 user - that Text Editor is a bit poor IMHO - a lot of work for nothing much - but it's the standard offering.

If you can't find it, then go to View\ Window Layout\ Default - and the screen will shuffle about so it reappears. As others have suggested, you've probably let it slide under something . . . . far too easy to do.
    FWIW the only change I've made to "Default" is to put the Audio meters left of Preview, that way the preview (if small) remains visible during Render (the meters don't work anyway) - at least you can check the shots and cancel if you've made a mistake. Why the Render Information can't be moved I don't know - it sits bang in the middle of the action mostly.

In some VAAST tutorials they show the Text Edit screen popping up full-screen . .. I've never managed this, but it would be far better than now, having to move the sliders about just to see the letters. Of course you can change the size, by pulling the edges, but then you have to push it back - why doesn't Text-box just come up and return?.... =weak IMHO.

(+ I understand the new (v11)text feature allows on-preview editing, without having to shift the timeline - and you can perform some animation too.)....But this doesn't mean you get a full-screen to read what you are typing . .. easy to make a mistook and not notice untill the DVD is played!
    Last edited by vidmanners; 09-30-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Talking

Thanks for all the replies very useful. Reset the program and Its back. Much Appreciated

Mace,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mace930 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies very useful. Reset the program and Its back. Much Appreciated
    You said earlier (post #3) that you'd tried that and it didn't work!!!
    Tim