Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Pro 12 has arrived!

Blog Entries

Default Vegas Pro 12 has arrived!

Or at least I've had the upgrade offer through.

Does that mean you guys who've Beta tested can now talk to me about why I should upgrade. i'm looking for that one word in particular - a return to the stability we used to be accostomed to.
    Tim

Seems more stable to me, there is also a Pro 11 update if you have not seen it

See my site for more info including docs

Blog Entries

After prompting in another thread, I'm going to write a book, though not the one that others were suggesting. This one will be called:

Tim wonders why he can't resist buying not only the Vegas upgrade, but also the upgrade to the titler he's only ever used once

Yes, I've downloaded and installed. A couple of crashes but only while playing with the Particle Illusion plug in.

Haven't tried any of the new things yet, but I have to say the New Blue Titler Pro 2 is much nicer. It feels much slicker and no crashes as yet.

Off to play with the colour matching now....
    Tim

a return to the stability we used to be accustomed to.
    This must be why I stuck on v10, to be honest I didn't realise the later version wasn't as stable. I am interested in the new version. Just to see if the Panasonic P2 support is as good as the Raylight plug-in that I currently use. The only issue I have with the Raylight plug-in is that I have to set the project properties to 8 bit instead of 32 bit pixel format because it causes a bit of flickering on some events with my material.

It sounds like I would have fun with the new titler but I've just blown the budget on some new gear. May be Mrs M will get me the new version for Christmas when the bugs have been ironed out.

Tim, do try

* The Mask FX Apply Switch in Pan/Crop. Marvellous!

* The Thumbnails in Vegas Explorer could take the place of Media Mangler.

* Vertical Docking of Panes.

* Last Used Media Flashes Yellow, even after close and reopen.

* Select Timeline Event now goes to THAT Event with the Cursor AT the front end! How easy was that then?

* Auto creation of Video, Stills and Audio Bins as you bring in Media.

gwoovy . . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Tim, do try
    * The Mask FX Apply Switch in Pan/Crop. Marvellous!
    It is, but feels a very different way of working. I'm so used to duplicating the track for masked effects. The new facility is good for quick fixes, but of course all effects are applied only to the masked area (as far as I can tell) so it's only any good if the underlying event is graded as you want it.
    * The Thumbnails in Vegas Explorer could take the place of Media Mangler.
    I'm hoping I can do away with MM for good now. It was great but flakey.
    * Vertical Docking of Panes.
    Not checked it out
    * Last Used Media Flashes Yellow, even after close and reopen.
    * Select Timeline Event now goes to THAT Event with the Cursor AT the front end! How easy was that then?
    * Auto creation of Video, Stills and Audio Bins as you bring in Media.
    gwoovy . . . .
    All fairly minor but improve the workflow no end. I'm enjoying it already
    Tim

I've just read that you can import project files into Vegas from After Effects, FCP, Premier, Avid etc...

Vegas Pro 12 is 459.95
    Vegas Pro Edit is 159.95 !!! Is the Vegas Pro Edit really Vegas Pro without DVD Architect or is there more to it ?
    Upgrade any Pro Vegas to Vegas Pro 12 123.95
    159.95 + 123.95 = 283.90 !!!
    Vegas Pro 12 for 283.90 + vat

Will it work ?

Note: All above prices are without vat.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 09-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    159.95 + 123.95 = 283.90 !!!
    Vegas Pro 12 for 283.90 + vat.
    I wouldn't bother. You've already got DVD Architect (5.2). Just buy Vegas Pro Edit 12. This will give you another licence.

You've then got an older Vegas Pro licence available if you need it for an upgrade if they change the scheme in a later round of updates (eg if they say "from Any Vegas Pro (excluding Pro Edit)") .

I'm staggered they've set Vegas Pro Edit at 159 - but I'm guessing it's to compete with FCPX. Feeling a bit peeved that I've spent so much on the product and it's now so "cheap", but that's life.
    Tim

I just figured my daughter did the pricing for Sony as she's not the brightest pin in the pin cushion when it comes to maths.

The Vegas Pro Edit has to be the bargain of the Year at that price. I can't believe they value DVD Architect that highly, if you by it separately its around the same price as Vegas Pro 12. I suppose they must have their reasoning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast