Thread: Premiere Pro Mixing Board

Default Premiere Pro Mixing Board

I just got Pro 1.5, and I cant seem to be able to cut a clip in half and make one half distort and the other stay the same... for instance I have a clip of my buddy singing, and I want it to show him singing normally, then all of a sudden, or gradually distort his singing somehow.

Thanks for any help...

Blog Entries

I'm not sure I follow what you mean. Are you saying that you want to keyframe an effect, i.e gradually introduce an effect?

3. Default

did you take a single movie file, cut it in half and add a dissolve effect between the two new cut clips? If so it won't work... i just had a similar problem and found help at adobe's forums... Here

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    I'm not sure I follow what you mean. Are you saying that you want to keyframe an effect, i.e gradually introduce an effect?
    Well with the audio of the clip, I want to cut it and keep one peice of the clip normal, and the other distorted. It doesnt even have to be gradually. I found that the only way to do this I think is actually cut and move the peice i want distorted or effected into the second or third audio timeline box. I guess thats the only way?

If I understand what you want to do you could add the effect that you want to the audio but use keyframes to have the effect at a value of zero until the point you want it to start. That way you can add the effect as gradually or as suddenly as you want.

Dan Jeffery