Thread: Particle Illusion Users

Blog Entries

Default Particle Illusion Users

Any Particle illusion Users/Experts out there?

I'm playing with Particle Illusion 3 (specifically the plug-in for Vegas, but I don't think that is relevant to the question)
    I'm trying to create a cloud effect. the cloud needs to remain on the screen (ie not break up) but just sort of "undulate".

The "Cloud 03" emitter does the job nicely and I can tweak this to get what I want - with one exception. The "cloud" resets every four or so seconds - it looks like a sudden jump cut o another cloud. I haven't found any change of parameter or combination of parameters that change this.

How can I have a cloud which sits there for, say, 10 seconds?

As an aside, should I ignore teh Vegas plug-in and fork out a bit more for the standalone?
    Tim

On the case Tim! Unless you've figured it out yet?

. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    The "cloud" resets every four or so seconds - it looks like a sudden jump cut o another cloud. I haven't found any change of parameter or combination of parameters that change this.
    Woah . .. . that's a truly complex particle matrix to develop beyond 4 seconds. You'd be wanting to keep that amazing cloud-billowing and boiling just go on and on - well, for at least the 10 seconds. I don't think purchasing the SA would change matters. I could deconstruct the Emitter and see just what it was made from?

. . . . . .

Blog Entries

Given my complete lack of expertise, this will no doubt be inappropriate. But I'll say it anyway. How would it look if you rendered and slowed down?

Well, I've opened Clouds 03 in pI standalone to get me an idea of the place where that "reset" is occurring, and then go on and transplant that to the Plugin in VP11.

I have to say, it's beaten me. I've quizzed the Particle Viewer and the Particle Image interface, and I cannot see WHERE any of the variables are being reset. It would need the eye and brain of Alan L to fathom this one.

., . . .
    Last edited by Grazie; 09-24-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Marc, I thought this too. It may working or look just to "animated" and not organic anymore.

. . . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Given my complete lack of expertise, this will no doubt be inappropriate. But I'll say it anyway. How would it look if you rendered and slowed down?
    Not inappropriate at all, Marc, and this will qute probably be what I'll end up doing.
    I just wondered if there was something I was missing that would enable me to achieve this within PI.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Marc, I thought this too. It may working or look just to "animated" and not organic anymore.

. . . . .
    Thanks for looking Grazie. Much appreciated. I'm not sure whether I'm pleased or disappointed I hadn't missed something obvious.

I can get a reasonable effect by speeding up a number of parameters (particularly spin for the individual elements), rendering out and slowing down. It's not a bad result and will certainly do the trick.
    Tim

I had a somewhat similar situation in which I only had three seconds of an effect that I wanted to last longer -- what ended up working for me was making several copies of the three-second clip and reversing every second one (so the effect looks like it comes and goes, but SMOOTHLY) -- let me know if that didn't make sense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I had a somewhat similar situation in which I only had three seconds of an effect that I wanted to last longer -- what ended up working for me was making several copies of the three-second clip and reversing every second one (so the effect looks like it comes and goes, but SMOOTHLY) -- let me know if that didn't make sense
    Of course ... nice trick! Thanks
    Tim