Thread: "Render As" screen shows squares as text....

Unhappy "Render As" screen shows squares as text....

Hello everyone! This is my first post here on the forums. Unfortunately, I've run into an issue here, which I'll let the picture explain:

The text is replaced by squares whether you type or you're just looking at it, I've even tried re-installing it.
    Does anyone have a solution to this?

EDIT: It seems that the ProType Titler is affected as well, show squares as well.
    Last edited by xepher - infinity; 09-23-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries

is this a problem that has just occurred (ie did it used to work OK before)?
    Have you recently updated your video card drivers?
    Is this a trial version, a registered version or a crack?
    Tim

This is a cracked version, I've been using Sony Vegas since pro 7. No hardware has been updated. It was working before, which is weird that this shows up now. Other screens within the render as screen such as save location and render properties show just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by xepher - infinity View Post
    Does anyone have a solution to this?
    This is a cracked version
    Consider getting a legit download or copy.

Blog Entries

This is a cracked version, I've been using Sony Vegas since pro 7.
    And you expect help from those of us who have been paying more for legitimate use because of your piracy to assist?
    I sincerely hope it's screwed up the rest of your system as well.
    Tim

At least I was honest. You probably have MANY people on this site using it due to piracy AND getting help from you all, and you don't even know it. I understand it's looked downed upon and I wont ask anyone to justify my stance. Mods, if you feel that this thread needs to be closed, by all means go ahead.

Good day to you sir.

Video editing software can be expensive but there are ways to mitigate costs without resorting to piracy. My video club has four high-end workstations (2 PPro and 2 FCP) where you can use the software without paying through the nose (just a modest hourly rental fee, plus the yearly membership). There are also discounts that you can get through the club. You should see if there is a similar video club in your area.

Blog Entries

That's a great service, Zam.

But the cost of getting set up adequately for video editing is the cost of the camera and the PC. If someone is pirating software, they have already invested the major amount (unless they stole the PC, of course). Very good editing sofware can be had for under 50 UKP. Yes, the "pro" packages cost a lot, but why steal when you could do everything you are likely to want to do for a very small outlay?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    That's a great service, Zam.

But the cost of getting set up adequately for video editing is the cost of the camera and the PC. If someone is pirating software, they have already invested the major amount (unless they stole the PC, of course). Very good editing sofware can be had for under 50 UKP. Yes, the "pro" packages cost a lot, but why steal when you could do everything you are likely to want to do for a very small outlay?
    Actually the best part of the club is that you can try out different equipment (cameras, lights, microphones) and software (PPRO, after effects, etc.) BEFORE buying anything so you can see if you will like it. Of course you need to find a club in your local area and there may not be one.

As far as stealing a PC, that hadn't really occurred to me. Perhaps I could have set myself up for a lot less money! Ideally you want to steal a PC that ALREADY has an NLE on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Ideally you want to steal a PC that ALREADY has an NLE on it.
    And footage and music!
    Tim