Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for better fades/transitions

Default Looking for better fades/transitions

Hello, I find the dissolve to black a little basic in Premiere, can anyone recommend any good plugins that do a more high quality transition?

thanks

Jonathan

Blog Entries

I recommend you start to look at tv and film with a close eye. You'll find transitions rarely used. When they are, they are usually a very smart reveal. Film with an eye to edit and edit with sensitivity to the viewer, and transitions will be the exception and not the norm. You don't need anything more than a dissolve.

"Film with an eye to edit" Top advice Marc. Transitions after transitions are so amateurish

Right well thanks for calling me an amateur, does anybody have any actual suggestions for what I might use?
    I'm talking about dissolve to black which is what I said in my OP, and what you see in pretty much every trailer, and all over television. I never said I needed any more than a dissolve, I was asking for a better quality one than the Premiere ones.
    Clearly you didn't read my post and just got on your high-horse about it anyway.

Transitions after transitions are so amateurish

I read this as an opinion on this format. Not You being amateurish. Think you must have read this the wrong way. We are only trying to help you here.

What is it about the quality of the Premiere fade to black that you don't like ?

Blog Entries

Cross dissolve to the timeline has always worked perfectly fine for me in premiere.

That would be the best way to do it in any editing program.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I recommend you start to look at tv and film with a close eye. You'll find transitions rarely used. When they are, they are usually a very smart reveal. Film with an eye to edit and edit with sensitivity to the viewer, and transitions will be the exception and not the norm. You don't need anything more than a dissolve.
    I have to say that I agree with the person asking the question, what was the point of THIS reply, it was not what was asked, surely it is up to the person doing what they want, to decide what their vids look like.

I feel we are not at the bottom of the problem as the question seems to me to be rather unusual. Surly a fade to black is a fade to black Marc has pointed out the best way to achieve it.

If the OP would please answer my question in post #6, so we can clarify exactly what problem he is trying to solve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast