Thread: Remembering September 11th, 2001...

1. Thumbs up Remembering September 11th, 2001...

Hi, everyone! I know this is a UK based site, but I know we have some Americans here, and I think most everyone around the world remembers that dreadful day 11 years ago, when the Twin Towers were attacked, and I believe the deathtoll is still rising because of people's diseases from chemicals given off at the attack. I believe it's over 6,400 deaths now... Anyway, my last race was on September 9th, and I did the video in rememberance of the victims. Please, watch the video, listen to the lyrics, then read the description. (And, just get things straight, God is the world's Hero, not just America's, obviously! So, enjoy the video! LMK how you like it! (And subscribe!)

CR213 Productions - YouTube

Excuse me CR123, but I guess you made a mistake. What is the connection of a quadri-race with the World Trade Center attack so many years ago? Or the 145 thousand resultant deaths - including numbers of people killed or moraly abused on prisons, invasions or wars promoted as revenge after the attack???? Oh, and thanks for sharing God's heroism with the rest of the world. Not sure what you meant, but thanks anyway. We used to think that God was brazilian (you know...samba, women, footbal, beaches, no wars), but Iīm sure Iīm wrong too.
    Last edited by TonyBR; 09-21-2012 at 12:38 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Excuse me CR123, but I guess you made a mistake. What is the connection of a quadri-race with the World Trade Center attack so many years ago? Or the 145 thousand resultant deaths - including numbers of people killed or moraly abused on prisons, invasions or wars promoted as revenge after the attack???? Oh, and thanks for sharing God's heroism with the rest of the world. Not sure what you meant, but thanks anyway. We used to think that God was brazilian (you know...samba, women, footbal, beaches, no wars), but Iīm sure Iīm wrong too.
    I know emotions and tones can't be detected in typed words. So, let me first say that I'm replying in a calm, cool voice, not yelling and arguing. lol As far as I'm concerned, I made no mistakes with that video. There is no connection with quad racing and the 9/11 attack--- no wait, there is now... Yes, there are more than 6,400 people dead because of it, with the war, etc.. That number I heard on the radio the other day, and if you look at my wording you'll probably realize what I meant, unless I wasn't clear enough. And maybe I'm wrong, but are you saying God is really just objects which you enjoy? If I'm wrong, please correct me, maybe I'm taking you wrong, and if so I sincerely apologize. Either way, believe what you want to, bro. I can only state what I believe. I believe I was created by a God who loves me and created me for a purpose, and I can only try to be a witness for Him! I don't always do a good job at that, I'll admit that right now in front of the entire world. But, I try to put my beliefs in my videos, as it's a witness to hundreds, sometimes thousands, of people...! Again, not arguing, bud. Just want to get things straight here. Although, I feel you don't get the principal behind the video: yes, it shows the highlights of one of my favorite races so-far. But, it's to remember and honor the 9/11 victims, our heros overseas, and to remember that even though God let's bad things happen He can bring forth good from that. For an example, my witnessing through this video... I hope you're not trying to start an argument, and sorry if there's confusion on my part here. But, either way, let's not argue about my "mistakes" (real or not, lol) in my videos, or about our beliefs (whether or not you were above)... But, for everyone reading this, if you find a true edit mistake in one of my videos, please point it out to me nicely. lol! But, arguing about beliefs does no good for any of us, it gets neither of us anywhere but in a bad mood and a flame war. lol! Again, please don't imagine me "yelling" here! lol! I know it's hard to convey emotion in typed words...

4. Default

And, also... Let's not argue about the number of deaths, the attack itself, etc. It makes no sense to make an argument out of such a horrible event... Either way, thanks, bro!

Blog Entries

I'm afraid I'm as confused as Tony - perhaps moreso after reading your response. If you're intention is to give some sort of message by injecting some stills of the atrocities of 9/11 into a quad bike video, I'm afraid it's been lost on at least two of us. From what you say above, I suspect that your intention and your beliefs are sincere, however I stongly suggest you think again - or make yor message much clearer.

If I were to come to this video cold (ie not having read he above - and I tried last night, but for some reason it wouldn't stream) I'd think that this was a cynical attempt to dramatically boost your YouTube hits by including images of and text about 9/11 as well as tagging 911.

And it is perfectly justified to talk about such things, not just the technical sapects of the film - how often have you read on this forum "Content is King" or "technically well executed, but it failed to draw us in"?

As far as filming goes, I thought most of the sjots suffered frpom extreme contrast issues - large amounts of the imnage were blown out. We expect films like this to be shakey - it can add to the excitement, but I feel you could have made it a much more pleasant experience to watch if you'd cut out some of the more extremely wobby shots - for example at the end when you get off your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by CR213 Productions View Post
    But, arguing about beliefs does no good for any of us,
    Whilst I may be going off topic here - that line is precicely the problem with religion.

"I don't have a proper argument for why I beilieve what I do, so I'll just believe. And if others argue against me we'll fight". Hmm ...
    Tim

Hi CR213,

first let me say that Iīm (also) not arguing or uncool in any way here. I also never argue about other peopleīs beliefs, as my first belief is that diversity is very important. What I didnīt understand is why you included WTC images in your video of quad-racing! This happened many years ago, so many people died in there and soooo much more after! about more numbers, check here: Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Terror and anti-terror wars are such loose-or-loose situations.... What is in there to link to a race event? I must admit that, as Tim pointed, the only reason I can see now to link both subjects is to draw extra-attention....so thatīs why Iīm asking. Maybe you can give me a reasonable reason there that I didnīt see. In this case Iīll thank you for bringing something new that I just donīt know. Hope you understand this as a fair question. In case you tell me that itīs just a "personnal thing", Iīll close my point as well.

On the Godīs heroism subject, I guess you didnīt understand my little "rest of the world" point. Nothing to do with God, religion or beliefs..... But you live in the USA, right?

7. Default

10-4, guys. Thanks for the comments, and sorry for any confusion. The pics of 9/11 were NOTHING to draw more attention. If I did that to get more views, I'd probably be doing sub 4 subs too, and it'd almost make me out to try to be making the video and pics "cooler"! Get what I mean? I have a different taste of editing, that's all. Sure, quad racing and 9/11 don't have anything to do with each other. And yes, that attack was 11 years ago, I know. But should we just forget about it? No, that's the purpose of my video, to (again) remind people that God is in control (at least that's what I believe!) And, about the shots... Yes, I know a lot of is kinda shaky. lol! I'm working on that, though...

Are we clear, or am I missing something/a question/etc?

I think you intentions just missed the mark with this video. It's just an unusual mix of images and messages that just seem to confuse and not do anything else. So I'd say it went wrong from the idea stage and took a nose dive from there on.

I have seen better footage from you, the Go Pro footage didn't look as nice as I've seen it. There was some bits of excitement on the quads but with the 911 confusion and the poor footage, it didn't really work for me.

Sorry.

Are we clear, or am I missing something/a question/etc?

I agree with MB's Comments on this. Looks like you are promoting a belief to me more than comments on the video, which I get the impression takes second place.

Get what I mean? I have a different taste of editing, that's all.

I can only comment on the Video itself, sorry but it just didn't make sense like one of those mobile phone weekend snap shots.

Quote Originally Posted by CR213 Productions View Post
    But should we just forget about it? ?
    Yes! What is the point in arising the subject over and over? Or, on this specific case... "Even" on a quad-race video??? Thatīs why I questioned you.... And now, since I understand that you are a religious person, "to forgive and forget" could have a bigger place on your video work? Letīs use this tool to bring people together, not appart. Peace on Earth!!! Itīs impossible to get anything right using such a wrong tool like a war! Best wishes from the other side of the blue ball! Tony