Thread: bad deinterlacing in photoshop

Default bad deinterlacing in photoshop

Up until very recently I've been able to rotoscope video in Premiere (6.5) , import it into Photoshop where I apply the de-interlace filter, and edit it. Now, whenever I apply the de-interlace filter, the image gets severely distorted(see pictures). I've adjusted the export settings in as many ways as its possible, and tried every combination of De-interlacing Photoshop offers, but can still not fix this problem. If anyone has any idea on how I can fix this, it would be greatly appreciated, as at the moment itís restricting me from doing any rotoscoping at all.
    Thanks
    'De-Interlaced'

Orignal

Blog Entries

If you de-interlace after applying any kind of re-size, you'll end up with the result you've shown.

This is happening with out any resizeing, or anything else. Straight out of Premiere and into Photoshop. I don't understand it as it was working a few days ago, I thought I might have acidently changed a setting somewhere but I can't seem to find anything thats changed.

Blog Entries

The video must have been changed in some way from the original. Of course, you don't really need to de-interlace.

I need to deinterlace for what I am doing, it is very hard to select a moving object (in this case the rider) accurately and consistently across a film strip if its interlaced. But thanks for your help. Do you know if itís possible to export a film strip or something similar that I can edit in photoshop, from Vegas 5?
    Thanks