Thread: resources for getting help

Default resources for getting help

Great forum THANK YOU for this community!

I take lots of underwater video footage with a GoPRO camera. I have hours of footage that i am attempting to piece together into a collection.

I can edit individual clips but then dont know what format to render them as so that i can reopen them or improt them into a collection of clips to render into a final product.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

To keep the best quality in the video render the clips out with the same properties as the original clips. ie 1920 x 1080 etc. You will have to check the properties yourself as I don't know what they are.

Hope this helps.

render them as the same format with the same properties?

Although you have asked a very sensible question, you may find your choice of ways of doing it may depend on the capabilities of your edition of Premiere (or other video editing software), your computer's speed and available disk space, how much of each clip you want to keep, and how much quality should be preserved.
    To preserve the quality, (so as to be able to render and then re-use a small part of a longer clip), one may be best advised to render the snippets to files using an uncompressed format. Sadly, uncompressed video files can take lots of disk space.
    Personally, I would prefer to import all the original clips into Premiere, and then perform all the compositing there. And then, simply render the composed sequence. But, I beleive some editions of Premiere may not permit dozens of video tracks.
    I realise I have not answered your question, but hope my comments make some sense.

i am using Adobe Premier Elements 9. The number of master clips i have is in the neighborhood of 50, each of a length between 5 and 40 minutes long. Hence the need to edit each smaller video into usable segments and "stock footage" then bring it all together into one project. I have a 1tb portable hard drive to store the segments. Just trying to figure out the best format for rendering into a reusable clip.

I will attempt to save as .MP4 (as that is what the properties are showing the unedited files as being). I will experimenter and see what size files I end up producing after edit and render.

Sound like a viable solution?

Thank you for the help and advice! Greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by like-fish View Post
    I will attempt to save as .MP4 (as that is what the properties are showing the unedited files as being). I will experimenter and see what size files I end up producing after edit and render.
    Sound like a viable solution?
    Try it. Did it work for you? Or did you find too much loss of picture quality in the final video?