Thread: Beautiful Slow Motion Video

Talking Beautiful Slow Motion Video

To watch in HD

My first slow motion try with twixtor in Final Cut Pro. Filmed with HD Hero 2 Just like if you do .

I know how tricky Twixter can be to use so well done for keeping the wobbly artifacts down to a minimum.

Good...Its really very nice.
    I liked that slow motion of water. Very beautiful.

Was the sound distorting? I had to turn it down very low, and then there were fuzzy bass bits going on.

Liked the switch of cams during the push up, but some of the continuation felt a bit disjointed. Maybe one video of 4 tricks in a row would help the viewer get a better sense of being in those moments?

visually very interesting well done, had my full attention for the whole video, the slowmo was not overdone like so many get caught up on, wondering if you used sharpening with the video considering the gopro hates stuff up close to the lens
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

6. Default

Personally I found the warping to be too distracting, especially when it was in the foreground of the video and my eyes were focused on it. However, your camera placement was good and the angle of the shots were well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Was the sound distorting? I had to turn it down very low, and then there were fuzzy bass bits going on.

Liked the switch of cams during the push up, but some of the continuation felt a bit disjointed. Maybe one video of 4 tricks in a row would help the viewer get a better sense of being in those moments?
    Distorted sound here too, shame good vid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I know how tricky Twixter can be to use so well done for keeping the wobbly artifacts down to a minimum.
    For my liking, there were way too many of them. Personally I would only slow down until the artefacts appear, and the crank up th speed until they're no linger present. I assume you started with 60p? Your post didn't say.

So, as a test, I'd say it's not passed. As a standalone video, well, if you like semi naked men jumping up and down in slow mo (and also like a bit if slow mo artefacts), you'll love it. Bit of a niche market though. A change of gender might broaden appeal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    A change of gender might broaden appeal.
    I presume you mean the gender of the subject, rather than the maker undergoing a series of operations

I must be really sloppy as I failed to notice the artifacts until mentioned - and then only spotted them on the feet as they pass by the camera. Now you mention it again, I looked again in full screen this time and yes, I can see they're all over the place.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 09-27-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Tim