Thread: After Effects CS6 Gun Flare and Blood Hit Test--Advice Wanted!!!

Default After Effects CS6 Gun Flare and Blood Hit Test--Advice Wanted!!!

Hey all, I'm new to the forums but just wanted ask for feedback on a test video I did. I just recently started using Adobe After Effects a few weeks ago and have been tinkering with all sorts of settings. If you could give any advice/constructive criticism on my video I'd really appreciate it. You don't have to be an expert on the software to give your opinion!

Thanks!
    Adobe After Effects CS6--Gun Flare and Blood Hit Test - YouTube

It looked good to me. The only points I thought were not quite right was the sound of the gun didn't seem heavy duty enough. If you shoot your self that close to a wall the exit wound will platter on the wall. The main thing that helps with SFX like this is your actions and reactions to what is supposed to be happening and you did that part well. Well done.

Please be careful playing with guns.

Yeah I agree. I was actually having trouble with those exact two things, the sound and the blood splatter on the wall. I'll definitely be looking into those more. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It looked good to me. The only points I thought were not quite right was the sound of the gun didn't seem heavy duty enough. If you shoot your self that close to a wall the exit wound will platter on the wall. The main thing that helps with SFX like this is your actions and reactions to what is supposed to be happening and you did that part well. Well done.

Please be careful playing with guns.