Thread: Corel Video Studio Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio?

Default Corel Video Studio Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio?

I introduced my self in the proper forums, but I'll give a quick recap of my situation here. I'm having almost 2000 ft. of 8mm film professionally converted to digital format, (Debenham Media Group based out of Pennsylvania). All the original 8mm canisters had titles on them describing the contents. I've numbered them so that the professionals transfer the films in a specific order. The idea is that when I get the digital video back, (approximately 135GB), I can splice them into smaller pieces with the descriptions added as title boards. Debenham recommends either Corel Video Studio Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11, neither of which I've ever used. I've read countless reviews on both pieces of software and as with most other software of any type, there are pros and cons, lovers and haters, etc.. I'm kind of leaning towards Corel because the general consesus I get is that the interface is easier to adapt to for a beginner like myself. In addition, it doesn't have too many bells and whistles, which for my purposes, I don't think I need if I'm just splicing and adding title boards. BTW, there's no audio to deal with in any of this film. However, I would like to be able to have the ability to play around a little bit with some other video once I complete this project, perhaps redo my daughter's wedding slide show I did in PhotoStory3 (complete with audio).

So...any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

I would go for Sony, only because I know if you need help there are more people on here that can help with Sony than Corel. I use Sony and find it easy to use there is an interactive tutorial that comes with it which is useful to get to know the interface.

Thanks, I guess I'll just havt to download the trial versions of each and compare them.

I have used Pinnacle for 15+ years and last month decided to change, after MUCH looking around and comparing, SONY 100%

JR1, that's where I'm leaning, but I'm not quite sure if my ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 card will handle the program. I've made an image backup of my laptop before I download and install the program, so I'll let you know how it goes.