Thread: Good riddance Pinnacle

Default Good riddance Pinnacle

I have used Pinnacle since studio 10, THE ORIGINAL 15 years go, and now have Pinnacle Studio 15 HD Ultimate.

Because I have always had Pinnacle I have stuck with it, NOT ONE of the versions has not crashed or hung or taken time time time time time time to l o a d, or had something bad.

I downloaded Sony Movie studio Platinum last week and this week ORDERED IT, WOW what a pleasure to use, god, you can't keep me off the computer, ok some parts are simplicity themselves, others I will have to learn but

IT WORKS

I ordered Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12, for what Pinnacle cost, my advice as a 15+ year user of Pinnacle Studio is

BUY SONY
    Last edited by JR1; 09-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Blog Entries

That's encouraging, JR1, because many of us who were posting exactly the same as this five years ago have been somewhat concerned about how flakey Vegas has been in version 11 (Pro - at least). Maybe they're sorted a lot out in 12. We shall have to wait and see (the latest version of Pro always comes out a few months after Movie Studio)
    Tim

I started out using Pinnacle Studio at version 7 and stuck with it until version 9. I endured the endless crashes and horrifying limitations because I was nonetheless able to get my movies out. I found Pinnacle Studio version 10 to be not only so buggy but also so much of a resource hog that it was entirely unusable. It is at that point that I decided to throw in the towel and invest in a proper NLE. In my case, I made the leap to PPro. I found the product very expensive and the learning curve to be excruciatingly long, however I have to say that it has NEVER crashed on me and is not a resource hog. I plan to stick with PPro forever!!! Once I got used to the controls (jog, shuttle, etc.) I found it to be similar to the physical system for cutting and splicing 8mm film that I used back in the day.

I can not compare it with previous versions only Pinnacle which is long and well established, as I said I have used Pinnacle for a very long time, and "this" version of Sony leaves it cold, it loads fast, has not hung, and the GUI is very good.

I am not new to Photography but I am vid, www.jrs-photography.co.uk, (remove link if not allowed, the main reason I have not ventured deeper into video was the complete unreliability of all Pinnacle products.

However when I joined this site I started looking at what others used, downloaded (and removed) Sony, BUT last week I downloaded it again bothered to try it and am very happy.

Time will tell.

I have ordered the Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 (PC) for £60 including postage.

I believe it comes with Sound Forge™ Audio Studio software

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I started out using Pinnacle Studio at version 7 and stuck with it until version 9. I endured the endless crashes and horrifying limitations because I was nonetheless able to get my movies out. I found Pinnacle Studio version 10 to be not only so buggy but also so much of a resource hog that it was entirely unusable. It is at that point that I decided to throw in the towel and invest in a proper NLE. In my case, I made the leap to PPro. I found the product very expensive and the learning curve to be excruciatingly long, however I have to say that it has NEVER crashed on me and is not a resource hog. I plan to stick with PPro forever!!! Once I got used to the controls (jog, shuttle, etc.) I found it to be similar to the physical system for cutting and splicing 8mm film that I used back in the day.
    I suppose it depends on what you need and need it for, Pinnacle from the early version 10, NOT the version 10 you are talking about, is all I have known and used, this Sony software will do everything I need, I use PSP (Paintshop Pro version 7, that is 15 years old) and Adobe Photoshop 10, and need no more for my business.