Thread: GoPro HD: Around Liding÷

Default GoPro HD: Around Liding÷

Here is a video, edited in sony vegas pro 10.
    hope you like the it

Blog Entries

It's a start, but it's a long way from a watchable video.

Ask yourself what there is to see in the four minutes of video that isn't seen in the first 10 seconds after the titles. It is all exactly the same with the horizon changing a bit. A video should take the viewer on some sort of a journey. Give the viewer some reason to coninue watching. You cannot aghieve this with one shot from one angle showing the same content.

What's more, we don't ever see who's doing the riding - if we had a few shos of the rider before and after (ideally during as well) we would feel far more involved in the action or have some sort of empathy with the rider.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but making a video is is quite an involved process.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's a start, but it's a long way from a watchable video.

Ask yourself what there is to see in the four minutes of video that isn't seen in the first 10 seconds after the titles. It is all exactly the same with the horizon changing a bit. A video should take the viewer on some sort of a journey. Give the viewer some reason to coninue watching. You cannot aghieve this with one shot from one angle showing the same content.

What's more, we don't ever see who's doing the riding - if we had a few shos of the rider before and after (ideally during as well) we would feel far more involved in the action or have some sort of empathy with the rider.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but making a video is is quite an involved process.
    Hey don't be sorry, it's good to hear your opinion im just a biginner of filming an video.
    I totally agree with the angles and i Will film in More angles in My next video
    thx again

I think Tim has nailed it really. It looks nice at first but doesn't go anywhere.

You could do with some sort of establishing shots followed by the action then a natural ending. This will involve taking the camera off your helmet and thinking about what you are pointing it at. Once you have done this a few times it will become easier to think about what would look good etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think Tim has nailed it really. It looks nice at first but doesn't go anywhere.

You could do with some sort of establishing shots followed by the action then a natural ending. This will involve taking the camera off your helmet and thinking about what you are pointing it at. Once you have done this a few times it will become easier to think about what would look good etc...
    I think i need to buy one more camera and maby point it so you can se the rider, and then switch to maby the back of the ski

Sorry for bad english

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agi94 View Post
    I think i need to buy one more camera
    There's really no need, just shoot the same squence again from many angles. That's how even the big movies do it (so it can be lit better from each angle and ensure equipment doesn't get in the way). Unless, of course, you're doing something which is unrepeatable (eg massive Hollywood stunt with explosions etc) in which case get as many cameras rolling as possible!
    Tim

That is one thing you could do but I don't think that would be enough. You would need to hold the camera in your hand and do some establishing shots. Get some close ups of the equipment and people etc...

Your English is better than my Swedish.

I Will se how i can do next time i ride. Just to point, this is just a video that i have done for fun and so i can learn
    I Will just point that this is not a profissional video, just a video of Ó biginner

We understand that but if you post a video in the user video section, we presume it's because you are looking for constructive criticism and a way to improve your videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    We understand that but if you post a video in the user video section, we presume it's because you are looking for constructive criticism and a way to improve your videos.
    Yea offcurse and im very gladfull for all your comments so i can improve My videos
    We Will se in My next video if all of yours recommendations Will give me Ó better film