Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my music video good?

1. Default Is my music video good?

I used the film"the rite" for my music video. I wanted to try as much as possible to focus on the lyrics of the song and general moral of the song did I do a good job.

Avenged Sevenfold - God Hates Us Music Video - YouTube

If you have enough could you compare mine which is above with this other user music video of the same song and say which one is better. you don't have to if you dont want to but please answer to the above.

God Hates Us-Avenged Sevenfold{MUSIC VIDEO} - YouTube

Isn't this like the 5th post of the same video?

It might have occurred to you that your video might not be of interest because it is a simple music video using footage entirely from a feature film as opposed to footage you have shot yourself, I personally did not even watch it because of that reason.

Posting more and more links to the same video will not generate interest, it will generate the reverse and stop members from want into even open your threads.
    Last edited by Bpotter908; 09-07-2012 at 01:11 PM.

3. Default

It is my 4th, and I posted a 4th because people were not answering my question. If they did I wouldn't post again. Simple.

Perhaps if you tested your own link?

5. Default

Also I posted this question in the fan section, and the fan section says " For critique of all non-original edited content videos (so called 'fan videos' using footage borrowed from other sources" so clearly people should expect this, I would think. I am a student and don't have the equipment I desire to make a good music video, nor the actors, so that is why I have not done that. It is also not uncommon for artists to use a film for their music video. I have spent a very long time on this video, and wanted some feedback I am sure it is not hard to do, you watch it and tell me what you think. This is forum isn't it?

6. Default

Well i just tested it now and it works.

I have never seen 'the rite', and until watching the clip, had been unaware of the song you have used.
    You wished to "focus on the lyrics of the song and general moral of the song". For those unaware of the lyrics; here is an extract:
    "My infiltrated mind, my lacerated soul. You took me years, create me, control you. I let myself around with you aside. God save us, God save us all God hates us, God hates us all Total nightmare, total nightmare".
    Whilst 'the rite' may well contains many suitable scenes; I did not feel your clip re-inforced the song's lyrics or presented a new interpretation. I found it a tangled mess of ideas, concepts and emotions which leant more towards lunacy than the supernatural. I appreciate you may have taken time and care to create this clip; and I can understand the pride you may feel. But, if you take time to stand back and re-review your work; what do *you* really think of it?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I have never seen 'the rite', and until watching the clip, had been unaware of the song you have used.
    You wished to "focus on the lyrics of the song and general moral of the song". For those unaware of the lyrics; here is an extract:
    "My infiltrated mind, my lacerated soul. You took me years, create me, control you. I let myself around with you aside. God save us, God save us all God hates us, God hates us all Total nightmare, total nightmare".
    Whilst 'the rite' may well contains many suitable scenes; I did not feel your clip re-inforced the song's lyrics or presented a new interpretation. I found it a tangled mess of ideas, concepts and emotions which leant more towards lunacy than the supernatural. I appreciate you may have taken time and care to create this clip; and I can understand the pride you may feel. But, if you take time to stand back and re-review your work; what do *you* really think of it?
    Thanks mate, I totally understand what you are saying, I probably picked the wrong film. I wasn't really sure which film to use, I may have made a wrong choice. I think the only parts that go where perhaps maybe the kid, and thats it, parts that didn't go where like, the women possessed and spitting out the nails, I ran out of clips of the kid because they were flashbacks. So I thought i'll add these to complement the music rather than the lyrics, but your totally correct in what you said.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TVavengedSevenfold View Post
    I am a student and don't have the equipment I desire to make a good music video, nor the actors, so that is why I have not done that.
    I highly doubt that. Here's a stupid music video I came across. It was made using the video function on 2006 Fujifilm compact digital camera. That's probably even less than standard definition, but it doesn't matter, because the ideas are so good.

Chickens - Hydrogen - YouTube

Music videos are especially easy because you don't need to record any sound unless you've written your own song.

Do you not have a phone or still camera capable of recording video?

Quote Originally Posted by TVavengedSevenfold View Post
    It is my 4th, and I posted a 4th because people were not answering my question. If they did I wouldn't post again. Simple.
    if you want to be respected, I suggest you respect the others. for that reason alone I'm not very inclined to help you out.
    This is probably the single very best video forum on the internet, the community is of extremely high quality, and I highly suggest you change your attitude towards the whole "if people don't reply me, I spam"

that being said, since it's not your footage, it's a no brainer. if you want to improve your filming, I'd advise you first start actually filming. You can find stuff that films HD for under 100 nowadays, you don't need fancy expensive equipment, I myself am pretty involved in the craft and I may have for around 600-ish worth of equipment that I gathered after 2 years and some. Filming ain't really a cheap hobby, so if it's really too expensive for you, you should try other hobbies. it's really not for everyone.

First you need ideas, then you'll find out what equipment and technique you need.

but again, if you want people to actually help you and respect you on this forum, I strongly suggest you respect them to begin with and don't spam. If people don't reply right away it can be many things

1. they actually have a life (family/job/filming)
    2. they don't want to be rude and can't figure out how to reply without being rude
    3. they want to post a quality reply and those things can take hours to write

just keep in mind that a forum is NOT a public place, NOT a democracy, and no one here owes you anything. And pushing it won't help you out here, this is not facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast