Thread: CranialCare - results from Filming Children thread

Default CranialCare - results from Filming Children thread

After a month visiting some families....

Results!!!!! Finally!!!! Please send comments....

Translation for the first sentences: (sorry for English mistakes)

1) Every 4 minutes
    2) a child is diagnosed
    3) with some kind/sort of cranial assimetry
    4) Plagiocephaly s. f.....
    5) Braquicephaly
    6) Scaphocephaly
    7) but the important part is that
    for all of them
    9) there are effective treatments

SPECIAL THANKS TO MB for his help and comments during editing time!!!

TonyBR

A loverly piece Tony. The only thing that I might have done different is not have so much black screen and text before we see some of the babies but I don't know how I would time it.

Along with the perfect music I would say it does the job very well.

Well done.

Thanks again MB. Maybe if the text was in English it would hold more attention for you there in UK? But youre right, its a bit long....

Did you notice the minor changes? The scanning uses a real baby, few new faces... some color and contrast corrections. A few more years and Ill know something about this editing thing!!!

The music has a "crying factor" of 9.6..... Worked so well!!!

Tony

Yes, I noticed. I think the changes you made have really improved it.

Blog Entries

Great shots, as I'd have expected from you Tony. Is that ist? Did you decide against using the interviews?
    If I may be picky, I thought it was a little imbalanced - to my mind it needed a at leats one capetion at the end (other tha the website address). It doesn't need to be much or profound, just something to summarise the video - even "Effective treatmenst for x, y & z from wwww"
    I'd also begin the final shot after the bit where it goes out of focus the first time.

But very professional, well done.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Great shots, as I'd have expected from you Tony. Is that ist? Did you decide against using the interviews?
    If I may be picky, I thought it was a little imbalanced - to my mind it needed a at leats one capetion at the end (other tha the website address). It doesn't need to be much or profound, just something to summarise the video - even "Effective treatmenst for x, y & z from wwww"
    I'd also begin the final shot after the bit where it goes out of focus the first time.

But very professional, well done.
    Thanks Tim. It was very very interesting to dive into something like this, where someone was expecting a result from me. Filming in different places/houses was also challenging, even in social aspects!!

MB also pointed the "close scene at first out-of-focus part", but the "client" loved the little hands etc etc... Couldnt change it after. There are even some digital glimpses (?), but they asked to keep the way it was.

The interviews (have so many now that I get tired just about thinking of them!) will turn into another kind of video, more informative (dull?) than this one for sure. This first one was just a "teaser" for the orthesis lets say... I came to this idea of showing the children in relaxed moments, as the continuous use of the helmet is always a major doubt for parents. As this orthesis is a new thing in BR, I tought that this "general" view would be more interesting too. There is a lot of work ahead!

Agree that its a bit imbalanced, even a bit repetitive with kids, kids, same kids..... Wish I had chance to visit 2 or 3 more families, get different shots, but...

Was a great experience for me, and I believe that my friend liked the result. Not perfect, not very creative or even technically rich, but another step. Now where is my Johnie Walker with that blue label???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Agree that its a bit imbalanced, even a bit repetitive with kids, kids, same kids..... Wish I had chance to visit 2 or 3 more families, get different shots, but...
    I didn't notice the repetitiveness as the shorts were good and varied.

I'm sure this vid will really help put parents minds at rest about any concerns about having to wear the helmets.

I'm glad there's a more "in depth" film planned. You suggest it might be duller, but as I undesrtand it the intended audience is parents who are considering the treatment for their children. The experiences of other parents who've been through that or are living with it will be the most important things they can listen to. Far from dull for them.
    Tim

"In depth"..... thats the sense! And youre so right: people watching will be looking for good information. I just wonder about a way to make it visually interesting too. Im scared about making something that can put a fly to sleep in 3 seconds! Any ideas will be more than welcome!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    people watching will be looking for good information. I just wonder about a way to make it visually interesting too. Im scared about making something that can put a fly to sleep in 3 seconds!
    I don't know what I'm talking about so this might be complete twaddle, but i would have thought that in making the informational film, you want to make sure the visuals reinforce what is being said rather than add variety. It's easy enough to break up the serious stuff, in order to let the information sink in, with more shots of the kiads in helmets, but I'd think you'd have to be careful of not making them too distracting, such that the viewer looses concentration on what has just been said.

Obviously any video which directly illustrates something which is being said is useful.

You might consider text, perhaps to underline some of the key comments made by parents. Imagine one of the parents being interviewed and at the end of that section paste three very short quotes from that interview up on the screen, perhaps over a washed out (watermark) slo mo of some kids in helmets.

There again, maybe that's naff!
    Tim