Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Production Showreel (First Attempt)

Default Video Production Showreel (First Attempt)

This is my first attempt at creating a showreel to showcase my editing work, and a little bit of camera work as well as fight choreography. Feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Nice reel Graeme. I thought you paced it just right and had a good mix of good shots. Not sure it's ok for you to use the music but understand why you chose it.

Thanks, Midnight. Regarding the music, it says on Jamendo that its okay to use the music as long as I credit the artist but I won't be using the song on any commercial films I do.

My bad, I thought it was The Cure (or similar).

It sounds professional which is why I included it but I do believe its attributed under the Creative Commons Licence Thank for watching.

As this is your first attempt I thought it was great. This I think makes you right on track for selling your services.

The only thing I thought the credits at the end, it spoiled the production a bit made it look a bit amateurish. How about using a similar Font to the ones you used at the beginning. "GREAME NOBLE" Then fade in only one contact Web site address at the end.

A shorter URL Is also better these days Something like "NBProductions" Looks more professional.

Good well presented presentation. Well done! and good luck.

Thank You, Caption!

FWIW, the music is Radio Star's "A Common Tale"; e.g. Radio Star - 'A Common Tale' (Official Clip) - YouTube

Indeed it is. A great track too, especially for a freebie!

10. Default

Do you even need any contact details on the video itself nowadays? Where are people going to watch the video? Probably on a website that already has contact details. Here's one of the best showreels I've seen. Just gets straight into it and ends with a simple logo (which could easily be a website). Similarly with the title, it will already be on Youtube or Vimeo, so I don't think it's particularly necessary. I also think your sections are distinct enough that you don't really need them signposting on the screen. And I don't really like the explosions at the start. I think a simple establishing shot would be better. But there's a good range of stuff on there and it's well paced with the music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast