Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First World Problems

Default First World Problems

People these days are way too spoiled with their first world problems! I found some great memes to make into real skits!

Check my new video out! Thanks

Blog Entries

Sorry, my lip reading isn't that good.
    Tim

On a piece like this were the dialogue is very important you should have made sure it was well recorded.

It's unfortunate that this turns your video, which could have been special, into one of millions of other YouTube videos with bad audio.

Blog Entries

So you can hear it Minight? ...

Ah. If I go to the YT page I get audio. But embedded here - no audio. Interesting.
    Tim

I hear it 'embedded' (Firefox browser). Other than the recording quality; I get the feeling the audio is not always in sync with the video.

Blog Entries

Well this is strange. Getting audio in IE9 ad Chrome, but not in Firefox 15.
    Other embedded YT vids play fine.
    Cleared cache, restarted Firesfox, still no audio for this vid only.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    On a piece like this were the dialogue is very important you should have made sure it was well recorded.

It's unfortunate that this turns your video, which could have been special, into one of millions of other YouTube videos with bad audio.
    I tried but unfortunately, I only have a cheap shotgun microphone on my mic. I edited in final cut to raise volume on certain parts. Any constructive tips?

Try and get the mic off the camera and closer to the talent. Speak a bit slower. The heavy accent (to my ears) is hard to understand which makes it all the more important to record the audio as good as you can. You may have the best actors in the world delivering the best script ever written but if it's recorded badly then it will be just as unwatchable as most YouTube videos. If you crack that nut your videos will improve 10 times in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Try and get the mic off the camera and closer to the talent. Speak a bit slower. The heavy accent (to my ears) is hard to understand which makes it all the more important to record the audio as good as you can. You may have the best actors in the world delivering the best script ever written but if it's recorded badly then it will be just as unwatchable as most YouTube videos. If you crack that nut your videos will improve 10 times in quality.
    I will definitely speak lower and were both raised in the U.S. and have no accents whatsoever. Possibly because of our speed it sounded like it. Too bad my microphone has to be mounted on my dslr. Could possibly keep it on 90 degrees instead of 120 degrees?
    Raise my mic volume?

both raised in the U.S. and have no accents whatsoever
    You have American accents.

[QUOTE][ Too bad my microphone has to be mounted on my dslr./QUOTE]Why? Definitely have the mic more directional, the trick is getting the mic as close to the talent as possible to reduce the natural room echo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast