Thread: Motor Insurance by smart launches 'smart creators' film competition

Default Motor Insurance by smart launches 'smart creators' film competition

Hi everyone,

Im posting this on behalf of Motor Insurance by smart. I've been in contact with the Digital Director Marc who said I could leave this post. I wanted to tell you all about the 'smart creators' competition which gives film makers the opportunity to create smart inspired content and win a MacBook Pro.

Below is some info about the competition.

Motor Insurance by smart launches ‘smart creators’ - Win a MacBook Pro and the opportunity to watch your work come to life at smartfest 2012.

Motor Insurance by smart is pleased to announce the launch of a creative competition giving film-makers, producers, illustrators and artists the chance to showcase their creative skills, producing video content inspired by the desire to protect your smart. If you’ve ever felt an undeniable desire to protect your smart car from ninjas, stray cats, or even Mother Nature herself we want to hear from you.

Motor Insurance by smart is looking for imaginative, innovative, and even mind-bending video submissions. Entrants can be funny and ridiculous, uplifting and cheerful or even rough and ready. The final shortlist of five will see their pieces premiered on the smartcarUK Facebook page to be voted for by the community. The winning entry will be shown at smartfest 2012!
    To enter, just upload your video submission onto Facebook smart car UK - Timeline | Facebook

All submissions will be reviewed by the smart team, with the top five pieces of content being posted on the smartcarUK Facebook page.

The smartcarUK Facebook community will have the opportunity to vote on their favourite submission from this shortlist, with one entrant being crowned the winner.
    But the fun doesn't end there, there are lots of prizes up for grabs, including a MacBook Pro, a joint annual membership at the Picturehouse Cinemas, a year’s complimentary Motor Insurance by smart, hospitality at the smart 4two cup race AND the winning entry will be screened at the smartfest. Terms and conditions apply.

For more information about the competition, go to smart car UK - Timeline | Facebook

Motor Insurance by smart:

Motor Insurance by smart insurance offers you a great way of protecting your smart. Motor Insurance by smart can arrange a comprehensive policy which suits your needs and provides you with the Motor Insurance cover that ensures you and your car are cared for, especially when you need it most. Designed to keep you on the road, Motor Insurance by smart cover includes a guaranteed courtesy car whilst your car is being repaired. All repairs are carried out by fully trained smart technicians with genuine parts at our smart approved repair centres/smart service centres. The cover also has the option of UK breakdown cover –including home start –through the RAC. Motor Insurance by smart has been accredited with the ‘Putting the Customer First’award which is the national standard for customer service.

Mercedes-Benz Motor Insurance is arranged by Daimler Insurance Services UK
    Limited. Registered in England No 3510012. A Daimler Company. Tongwell,
    Milton Keynes MK15 8BA, United Kingdom. Underwritten by Aviva Insurance
    Limited, Registered in Scotland No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis,
    Perth PH2 0NH. Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial
    Services Authority. For joint protection calls may be recorded and/or
    monitored. We may decline to quote in some circumstances. Cover not
    available in Northern Ireland.

All IMHO.

Looks like a good offer - except you have to agree to FaceBooks terms to use their site and that means you lose control of the Copyright.DYOR.
    - I think you also need to be certain the music included is clear of copyright.

Having read the same words in different sequences (post#1) I'm not at all sure I understand what the Insurers mean by "Smart creators" - nor why they are launching this competition so late into 2012 with premiers not that far away . . . . are they seriously insuring those funny Smart-cars . . . or is this a new term that's got hold of the English language.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 09-03-2012 at 11:24 PM.

I read it for fun. Here is a list of some of the points:

Duration between 30 and 90 seconds.
    Max file size = 25 MB.
    Max resolution = 480p.
    "Entries will become the property of the Promoter (Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited)."
    Entry date ends 24 Sept.
    UK Facebook users only.
    A "Public Vote" will be open from 18th Sept to 24th Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I read it for fun. Here is a list of some of the points:
    Max resolution = 480p.
    "Entries will become the property of the Promoter (Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited)."
    For these 2 reasons, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    a list of some of the points:

UK Facebook users only.

Hummmmmm, just lost another first prize!

Hi,

I'm replying on behalf of Motor Insurance by smart, I just wanted wanted to get back to your points in regards to copyright for the 'smart creators' competition. Facebook have no copyright over entries for the competition, as entrants give full copyright ownership to Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited when they enter.
    If there is music in the video the entrant must own the rights to or have permission for it to be used for any purpose. Full Terms and Conditions can be found here smart car UK | Facebook

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply and I'll respond to this thread.
    Thanks

Hi Tim,

I'm contacting you on behalf of Motor Insurance by smart, I wanted to get back to you on the Terms and Conditions of the competition. The closing date for entries is the 24th of September, the voting starts on the 25th September and closes on the 1st of October. For full Terms and Conditions, please go to smart car UK | Facebook

Thanks