Thread: Auto Logout

Default Auto Logout

What I find irritating is that I'm replying to a thread and if it's more than a couple of sentences I'm logged out so when I "Post" if says I have to log-in again.
    . . . ( It appears to be "timed" as I may have to break to answer the phone, etc. )
    In the past the Post was retained, and added to the discussion. However, I've noticed recently I get a blank white page and clicking on refresh, or "click-here" makes no difference.... I have to enter like new.
    Adding insult, (although saving others from reading) the Posing is destroyed . . . nowhere to be found. So I'm not about to re-write it, although I though I had something to add.
    All Forum websites have issues with viruses, and folks trying to advertise, obtain lists etc. but IMHO this current arrangement is not a solid policy - as it removes what might be interesting comments.
    . . . . (although maybe explains why comments generally are rather Short).

Can you not block postings with a "Enter codeword" = made from odd Fonts that fool an automated web-searcher, but not a rightful Poster?

This would be less of a problem IMHO since the written reply would remain under the Code-Word . . . . indeed all "Submit Post" requests could go through this stage and this Chuck-Out problem removed.

I'm logging-Out now, properly.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 09-02-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Can you not block postings with a "Enter codeword"
    In my opinion that would be real a pain in the ass. I understand your frustration and suggest you hang on in there in the fight against spam and viruses. That is the real enemy we will not let them win. I went through a similar phase last year While it was doing the unexpected I use to copy the text before clicking on the button just in case. This is not ideal but it will help until things smooth out.

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    What I find irritating is that I'm replying to a thread and if it's more than a couple of sentences I'm logged out so when I "Post" if says I have to log-in again.
    . . . ( It appears to be "timed" as I may have to break to answer the phone, etc. )
    I don't think this is necessarily anything to do with the site or the software.
    When I post from home, I rarely, if ever get timed out. And I frequently end up spending as long as 15 mins constructing a reply (remarkable really seeing as they look like they've been constructed by a monkey and typed by an seven-legged octopus with dyslexia).

On the other hand, at work, I am so used to being timed out that if I find myself typing more than two sentences I open up notepad and copy work in thatbefore cutting and pating.

It may well be your browser or firwall settings which are not enabling some sort of "keep alive" signal from the site.
    Tim

I've had no issues, only time I did was when browsing on a paranoid level computer with security to the eyeballs.

I do have the same issue as vidmanners getting timed out. Maybe browser or firewall settings, maybe the site spam/virus protection thing. Like MB advises, I've learned to copy the text before trying to post just in case I've been logged out. Also using Return Auto-saved Content has helped though everything might not have been auto-saved yet.

Thanks guys, - I guess the simple Ans is: - there is no ans.

Blog Entries

This is not a forum issue. Make sure you have cookies enabled and that you check keep me logged in when logging in.