Thread: Unexpected Frames

Default Unexpected Frames

Hey, I've recently been experimenting with some different effects and transitions I have seen. I was trying one that involves a slow pan on the camera, sped up 1000% which gives quite a nice quick movement or pace to the video. It has been used frequently on top gear. My problem is however, I do the effect fine, speed it up to the max, track veocity, then take out the frames i dont want so it is almost a seres of picture, but on render, for some unexplained reason it will put one frame right in the middle or the en of the effect which conteracts the smoothness of the effect. I have spent allot of time analysing the effect frame by frame but it looks fine, completely sinked up to the next clip, but as soon as i render there is a frame. I amit this isnt a masive issue as it is difficult to see, but for some one who knows film they will see it and it will become apparent if the rest of the video is pollished and clean to the finest detail, but there is just a few random frames in there, it almost look lazy. I use sony vegas pro 11 as a side note. Thank you very much for your time, and I hope you can help.

Are you setting your project properties to match the footage and rendering at the correct frame rate ? I have noticed that having a certain effect along with a fade transition can sometimes give an undesirable result. The only way round it was to use a different effect to create the look I wanted.

Could you post a small sample of the issue for us to look at.

EPQ - YouTube 1.10 and again at the end but this time on the timelapse (the same technique). I believe I am, My camera is set to 24fps as is my project settings and render settings.

Because the one at 1:10 occurs at the same time as a flash I don't even see it, you are talking about the little jerk of the moon that we see at the end of the video ? Check for a rouge key frame if you have any set. It looks like two ends of a clip that does not quite line up. Is the clip split at that point ?

Is this the kind of frame which you suggest is being inserted, with a blue guy positioned far to the right?
    I don't know why it has occured, but it might suggest something to other readers.
    aImage1.jpg

The blue guy was intentional :P It is the clip immidiatly after 1.10 with the pan from low down up onto the ledge seeing the chap vault a rail. There is a frame in there for some reason,but not in the time line. The way I did the timelapse was speed up then track velocity 100% then go through each individual frame and for ever frame i keep, get rid of the next 50. giving the speed. There is no rouge frame, so im alittle stumped.