Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help me get these effect(s)?

Question Can anyone help me get these effect(s)?

Hi guys, I'm new here,I have a few questions. The questions are about this video:

Ok, I actually have 3 questions, and I'd really appreciated it if any of you can answer one or more.

Question 1:
    In video 1, you can see Vanessa at 0.07 . I found out the font was Arial Bold, but how did they do the outlines, like they are glowy and kinda blurry, and that aren't normal outlines, are they? How did he/she do that? (you can see the text at 0.09 too)

Question 2:
    In video 1, you can see a transition at 0.07 / 0.08 , where the text and frame is quickly coming to you, how can I do that? And if it isn't a transition from S.V , where can I download it?

Question 3:
    In video 1, you can see a light flash beam thing, at 0.09 (it's above the V from Vanessa), how did he/she do that?

I already asked the creator but he/she doesn't want to give his/hers ''secret'' so I thought, maybe some of you can help me because I'm not used to Sony Vegas 11. I used to use Corel but now I use SV cuz it has better effects and stuff.

Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by kkellseeyxo; 08-31-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Kkel and Welcome

I've had a look at the various titlers and the only one which seems to let you get the rounded outline is the NewBlue FX Titler Pro (Which came bundled with mu upgrade to v11). There is a "Roundness" control fo the outline.

The Transition (Q2) is similar, if not identical, to an effect achieved with "Zoom Blur" from the NewBlue FX Motion Blends package. (There's a bit of zooming in before the transition which helps smooth it in)

Here's a quick demo I knocked up - it's not as effective as there's no other background matter, but you get the idea.

Funnily enough, the one I thought would be easiest (Q3) has me scratching my head after trying several things I thought would work. So I'll let someone else come up with an possibility for that!

For some reason I can't embed at the moment, here's the link
    Tim

Thank you so much! Q1 and 2 are solved now ! I really appreciate your help and I hope somebody can answer Q3.

Oh, and btw, which font did you use in the demo video? Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kkellseeyxo View Post
    Oh, and btw, which font did you use in the demo video? Thanks again!
    What you suggested - ordinary Arial, with Bold and I increased the tracking a bit (space between letters)
    Tim

Thank you so much for your help . Did you used the newbluefx outline thing too? And can anybody answer Q3?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kkellseeyxo View Post
    Thank you so much for your help . Did you used the newbluefx outline thing too? And can anybody answer Q3?
    I used the outline parameter in NewBlue Titler Pro - I think that's what you mean.
    I'd like a simple answer to Q3 as well!
    Tim

The 'flash' appears static, but just follows the size and position of the text. I don't think it actually flashes. I guess it may simply be a static image of a graduated white bar with a suitable mask.

You can make that glowing/flare in Photoshop and save it as .PNG, make sure its transparent, and just drop it into your timeline.

Blog Entries

Agree with the comments above, buit there must be an easy way to emulate it from within Vegas. i've experimented with just a text hyphen and various FX on it, but failed to achieve anything satisfacory.
    Tim

Importing a Still is a bit crude for anything that needs carful posiioning - although you are welcome to fiddle with the Pan/Crop and keyframes - a good way to wreck a lazy afternnonm IMHO.

I wonder that Vegas doesn't have a "lens-Flare" in the long-list of effects. I'm reasonably sure Studio does, and you can move the source with yr mouse to get it "right"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast