Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mrs M pulls Big Peter !

Default Mrs M pulls Big Peter !

Mrs M got a chance today to hand ring "Big Peter" the 10 ton bell in York Minster. Unfortunately I wasn't aloud to film it but on of the Minster Vergers took some stills, so I put them together to make this. Looks like Mrs M enjoyed herself.

great fun for sure! Editing made it happen!

T

Blog Entries

As the bell rope doesn't travel much, I presume Bog Peter isn't hung for ringin in the "English" method of circular ringing. (Mentioned as someone who'se still trying to find time to edit a documentary he's filmed about church bells.)

Nice little sequence. Thansk for posting.

Couldn't you have sneakily filmed with your TZ9 (or whichever model it is)
    Tim

I would have loved to have filmed it but she didn't tell me about it until after the fact.

I think the Minster is set up with two bell towers. The one where Mrs M did here stuff just has Big Peter. The other tower has the round of bells. They are usually rung with motors etc. BUT are often hand pulled. Only a few people get to hand ring Big Peter. There is a tradition that those who have done it, then leave some graffiti in the tower, this goes back hundreds of years.

This is great MB. I liked the vibrating title, nice touch. I think maybe the minister dis ALLOWED Any filming in case Mrs M dropped a clanger

Hi MB
    Loved the title font
    Do you know what I have always wanted to do that , love how you get lifted up and way.
    Mrs M is deceptively strong ..... get her on a chin up bar!!! or a rock climbing wall

Must be deafening in there.

Great short fun video , loved it made me smile.

Have a great weekend

Glad it made you smile Bob. She is small but very strong. She is a black belt in aikido which means if I don't do as I'm told I get thrown to the floor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    She is a black belt in aikido which means if I don't do as I'm told I get thrown to the floor.
    But you're safe unles she's wearing pyjamas.
    Tim

MB

Put all your weight behind your "Iron Fist" she won't be able to handle your power and won't bully you any more trust me .

I use to be abused,beaten and raped all the time by my girlfriend till I learned and used the Iron fist on her........Now I can stay up well past 10.00pm and have Pringels ............yes !!!!

P.s - Please don't tell Mrs M I told you this she might track me down go AWOL on me and beat my sorry ass to a pulp

Hope you understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast