Thread: New builds of Vegas Studio

Default New builds of Vegas Studio

I'm wondering what builds Vegas Studio is up to, without trawling through SC website.
    Anyone bought VS v11 (and or v12)... I'd like to know what build they are putting on retail-discs.

I think it is shown on the splash-screen when the program starts to load.

DVD Architect, Studio and Vegas Studio,(version-_) please....

I think the build will vary depending on when the retailer bought the product. The latest build for Studio V11 on the site download page is 75. DVD Architect Studio V5.0 is build 161.

vidmanners,
    besides the link MB gave you, there 's this download page
    Sony Creative Software - Download: Updates: Vegas
    where you can see all the latest SCS builds without trawling (well, you do have to scroll a bit and use some pull-down menus).

I know you've been having trouble with updating/"downdating" some of the Sony software, but in principle you should be able to do that within a version (e.g. VMSP 11) as long as you have the valid S/N. This is the link to get any of the available builds.
    Sony Creative Software Downloads /current/
    I'm not sure but I don't think the retail packaging tells you the version build. The splash screen and the program Help / About do that of course.
    Last edited by vkmast; 08-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks vkmast, I've also replied PM, but My splash screen does give me the build numbers. . . what is Odd then is If I've had issues with the DVDAS Update 157, how come they've not suggested I try the more-recent version? . . . . no, I don't understand that either.

I've been pretty disapointed by SC's tardy (or zero-efftive) response - pretty poor for a Big Co. that's WorldWide. Telling me (by Auto Reply) that they are very busy helping Vegas Pro users is not relly what I want to hear.... I chose Sony Vegas because I trusted the name and supposed the software would suit my Sony camera . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    My splash screen does give me the build numbers. . . what is Odd then is If I've had issues with the DVDAS Update 157, how come they've not suggested I try the more-recent version? . . . . no, I don't understand that either.

I've been pretty disapointed by SC's tardy (or zero-efftive) response - pretty poor for a Big Co. that's WorldWide. Telling me (by Auto Reply) that they are very busy helping Vegas Pro users is not relly what I want to hear.... I chose Sony Vegas because I trusted the name and supposed the software would suit my Sony camera . . . .
    vidmanners,
    I don't quite understand some of your first paragraph either , no confusion about what the splash screen shows. I haven't seen any release notes regarding the build 161, so I don't think there are so many significant fixes there. Like a SonyForumAdmin recently wrote about another program build update, there were no release notes, as the bug we were fixing wasn't something that the overwhelming majority of our users would ever see.
    I don't have a solution for your DVDAS problem, if you've tried all the suggestions given to you on various forums. There are reports from users who have succeeded and are using the build 157 though.

As for SCS e-mail tech support, ...
    Better ask on the user forums.
    Last edited by vkmast; 09-01-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Well blow me!
    Seems SC was about to reply when I posted about Builds - and they say the "erasure problem is fixed" . . . not sure how they kew I was starting to become a Competitor's Customer, but I'll give their new-build a try ASAP.

Currentl;y I'm using the DVDAS that came with the Box - ie Build 128 - this is the one that (after a year!!!), has the Kernalbase.dll fault that shuts down part-way . . . from tests I believe this is dure to multiple titles - since a single title Burns OK. It was moving to put several vids on one DVD that started this issue - and hence the Upgrade 157 appeared.

DVDAS v5 - Build 128.
    I use Import media and it sticks the file on the viewing window (I don't use any fancy themes, sounds or movies - I just want a selectable Menu.). It goes through the usual file/folder/and error messages (ie nothing to alarm) and starts the rendering process (with blank DVD -OR- to HDD, seems to make no difference), then about half-way through it gives me the kernalbase.dll error Msg and asks to shut down.
    Win7/32 OS continues to work OK - only DVDAS is closed.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 09-03-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Maybe I spoke too soon - anyone like to place bets as to whether Buid 161 is any better than 157 at allowing me to use the DVD Architect Studio . . . of course not.

Completely wiped out.
    When you finish editing (even a simple couple of clips) and go to Make movie, select the burn DVD option and it says "DVD AS appears not to be installed....."

-Well, it was.-

-and this issue has been going on for 8 weeks. I wonder if Sony has Students running the update server? - maybe filling-in during the holidays to gain so-called "Work experience" - - trouble is I can't get any work done whilst this persists . . . Grr and Double Grr.