Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teaser Trailer to share

Default Teaser Trailer to share

Teaser trailer from one of our recent weddings. We have held back our best shots so not to give too much away to the B+G in these early stages of the edit. We hope you enjoy.
    Many thanks.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Much as I Iove your work, John (and I appreciate the overblown "epicness" of this is client led - given the voiceover), I didn't really like the pincushion effect of the w/a lens (a bit is OK - there just seemd too much of it here) or a couple of the shots looking down from the jib (B&G at 0@32 seemed to minimise their impotance - accentuated by the fact the camera moved away from them, and the shot at 0:47 which turned into a lateral movenet and looked rather uneven).

Onviously I'm being over picky andthe rest of it, as expected, was fantastic.

Hi Tim, hope all is well and thank you for the comments. I used a wide angle lens on the jib to try and get in as much of the scene as possible and it does have a slight pincussion effect, but I don't seem to mind, maybe I am alone here, but I quite like it!
    Good point about moving away from the B+G, simple fix in post and reverse shot should fix it!

Thank you for liking it overall though, much appreciated.

As usual, very striking Jon. Nice mix of shots and a cracking location which always adds the wow factor. The cam crane adds a totally different perspective to shots and it's a shame that many venues/events just don't have the space to accomodate, or time to use one. I reserve mine for exterior scene setting only, but would love the spare time on the day to incorporate them on the day itself.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Hi Branny,

Great to hear from you thank you for the comments. It was tough moving the crane around on the day inside and out especially as it rained! when hasn't it! but I was grateful for a second shooter on this occasion.

London, England

Not really concerned about the techy bits - indeed the WA rather destroys the craneaction (only realised when reading Replies- and on viewing further it's obvious, now), but the story-board implied the couples' paths crossed at the wedding . . . I'd like to see young people moving about and then "this couple" meeting (although it could be "any" couple if the shot is a bit misty..... then gradually introduce the fields (if you must) as I'm not sure where the Reception is held (Tables), looks like a pretty large venue to me . . . but the couple has already met and fallen in love by then . . . so I found the sequence didn't add up - for me anyhow. Not sure about the stern voiceover, either - very clear but rather official as in a Police Report (to my ears).

Techwise, I'd dim those colours
    - for the alternative run-up to the Big Day you can add graininess (to indicate past-times), but others will have other views.
    It was all very steady and easy to watch as a result. Can you say what height the crane reached? (as I'm hoping to get one).
    Last edited by vidmanners; 08-30-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Interesting comments, I think the word 'destroy' seems an exageration and I have to disagree with you on this, but appreciate your view.
    This is a teaser which has had a lot of footage held back to not give away too much to the couple as stated. There was no real storyboading, the voiceover is that of the clergy and I felt it was quite a nice addition to just visuals, with regards to stern, I have no control
    over that,although I think it is a very nice voice!..... this is a wedding, not a film script,lol, where I have control over all aspects and is set at a budget.....

I personally don't really like the idea of grainy footage to show the past and I like to keep it clean as much as possible

The crane is adjustable and was 8ft on this occssion, although the WA gave it more depth!

Many thanks for your comments though, much appreciated.

All the best.
    Last edited by GDR; 08-30-2012 at 02:39 PM.

I think you can over analyse sometimes and dwell on this and that overall there are some outstanding shots and in particular the shot at 1.24 through the doorway is my personal fav. I also like the colours and the added depth to some of the shots the WA gives. Well done John.

Cheers Steve,

The beauty of putting a sequence up! I almost forgot how we all see things so differently.....thank you for your comments, weddings are so tough as you know!....would love to have complete control over all proceeding but I guess it's never going to happen in a live event, certainly not in the UK

Well done on being appointed to the IOV executive John.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast