Thread: sony vegas pro 11 keeps crashing!!!

Default sony vegas pro 11 keeps crashing!!!

Hi folks!!

I'm having big problems with sony vegas pro 11, it keeps crashing all the time, just by doing simple tasks.. I have an Asus laptop with intel core i7, 4gb RAM..

any ideas what the problem might be??? Or can anyone recommend a more stable video editing software???

i don't want to spend days and months on a serious movie project and end up with the whole thing crashing!!!

Sincerely

I wouldn't be going round with the view that Sony Vegas is not a stable piece of software, while it might have some teething issues as version 11 is quite new. It is still very stable on most peoples systems. The only popular piece of editing software that is known to be a bit unstable is Pinnacle. I would therefore take a look at other issues. Firstly do you have the latest version of the software. Is your system rock solid stable and clean.

What is going on at the time of the crash ? The same thing or variable things ? What is the speed of your hard drive ?

Have a read through this Blog it may help.

We haven't even scratched the surface of what the problem could be but that is a good place to start. There is always the chance that your footage is corrupt but one thing at a time.

okey folks! i think the problem is that the newest Sony Vegas 11 is a bit unstable.. I recentley installed vegas 10 platinum, and it works like a dream.. thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jordraatt View Post
    I recentley installed vegas 10 platinum, and it works like a dream.. thanks anyway
    Until you get the 'low memory error'. Then you want to go to MSP 12.

Just that is necessary, I will participate. Together we can come to a right answer.