Thread: Rottweiler Festival that I filmed.

Default Rottweiler Festival that I filmed.

Hey guys

Here's a video I made of RottieFest 2012: RottieFest 2012 Video - YouTube

It was a fun weekend of rottweilers and other breeds, camping and a lot of mud!

It's my second attempt at an event video and something I'd like to do more of. Any feedback, much appreciated!

Cheers
    Robert Martin Kelly
    Promo, training, instruction and music videos in the Thames Valley, Windsor, Slough, Berks areas:
    www.robertmartinkelly.com

Great to see you posting again Robert. I really liked this video. It had a great positive view of a dog that often has the opposite type of attention. You filmed it well with good audio as well and really seemed to capture the atmosphere of the event.

Very nice job.

Blog Entries

As Midnight will tell you, I'm not a doggie person and my first reaction when coming across a doggie video is to switch off.
    When this started up, i thought it was going to be some propaganda about how lovely and mild mannered the dogs are - which of course it was - but in an entertaining and informative way and certainly not a way in which I felt it was being rammed down my throat.
    There are limited subjects to film at adog show and I was very impressed at how you managed to keep up such a variety of shots. I didn't have time to get bored.
    Midnight has already mentioned the well captured audio, but another positive I got from the interviews was that each interview clip covered a different aspect. This meant that I was looking forward to the next interview rather than fearing it would be yet another person saying "Rottwielers get a bad press, but they're lovely really".

Areas for improvement: I'd trim some of the edits, there were occasional zooms at the beginning/end of a clip which looked a bit untidy. I'd also liked to have seen more shots taken from "dog level" and fewer looking downward. But these are far from major criticisms and didn't detract from an enjoyable film.

After nearly 3 minutes I began to think if I did get a job, i might consider a Rottweiler, so job done!
    Tim

Cheers guys. The Rode VideoMic worked well this time.

Agree with you Tim about the dog level shots. I took a few but the rig kept tilting sideways and it was so muddy I had to watch my balance. Something I'll aim for next time I film at different eye levels.
    Robert Martin Kelly
    Promo, training, instruction and music videos in the Thames Valley, Windsor, Slough, Berks areas:
    www.robertmartinkelly.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    After nearly 3 minutes I began to think if I did get a job, i might consider a Rottweiler,
    Obviously I meant dog!
    Tim

we have had two rottweiler's and they are great dogs except they both died the same way; apparently they are a breed that tends to eat stones and get their insides buggered up; after a couple of surgeries my parents gave up and had more kids instead