Hey guys!

I'm new here so apologies if I've posted this in the wrong thread! Basically I own a Sony Z1 currently and am looking to get a second camera for a large wedding shoot I have booked in 2 weeks time.

Someone I follow on twitter has just posted his Canon Xl-H1 on gumtree for a really good price ( I think anyway?) and I'm extremely tempted to buy it for this shoot but wanted to ask you lovely guys what your opinion is!

The main reasons for wanting a Canon Xl-H1 is the fact I can change lenses on it (although I'd likely just stick with the zoom lens for now) and the fact that it is quite a large shoulder mounted and so really gives that professional feel and look.

Obviously it records to tape which slows down the capture time but I'm not too fussed as don't mind capturing in real time as I use it as an opportunity to make sub clip notes.

Basically I'm interested what you guys think of the camera and whether any of you have any hands on experience using it? I have used the DV version before and found it very easy to use and operate so am presuming the XL-H1 is similar?

Are there any other cameras that you would recommend that has the same features but are cheaper?

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated!

Below is the link to camera
Canon XL-H1 (XLH1, XL1H) 1080i professional HDV Camcorder with interchangeable lens and Kata case in Farnham, Guildford | Camcorders & Video Cameras for Sale | Gumtree.com