Thread: Is Lens fat/thin effect available for SonyVegas?

Default Is Lens fat/thin effect available for SonyVegas?

Hi! I'm not sure where to post this! I'm recently using SonyVegas pro 11 and can't seem to find that effect, I don't know if it is available for video editing. Do you know Ulead Photo Express? Well, one of the effects that it has it's the fat/thin lens and I really, really need this effect for my Sims 2 video. It doesn't just stretch the image, it makes the body a bit fatter and the head smaller. Lol, I'll show you the editing pictures I made with this effect:

This is the original in-game snapshot

And this is with the Lens effect/ Fat 3 (I stretched a little bit of the image to remove the wall hanger flower pot but as you see, using this effect makes her head smaller and body shape different)

Last edited by Sofmc9; 08-22-2012 at 02:25 PM.

You could try the pan/crop tool. De-select the lock aspect ratio button and drag the edges to the size you require. This may give you an approximation of what you're looking for. There is a deform FX but I'm not sure that is what your looking for.

Thank you for your answer but, ohh, cropping the image is not what I'm looking for. :( I was hoping Sony Vegas would have that fat and thin Lens effect for videos that Photo Express has for pictures. Like this: (Lentes means lens)

I don't understand why it doesn't have it, then. Do you know any other video editing program that does have these effects?

Did you look at the deform FX ? or even the Pinch/Punch FX, would that create the look you are after.

Nope, I haven't. I'll take a look at it now. I don't want the video to look deformed though. The second picture that I posted is the look that I'm after.

Oh my gosh, I'm trying out the pinch/punch and the deform FX and I think I can make it look like the Photo Express Lens effect!! Thank you so much!!