Thread: Best *Basic* Free Editors - Where Do I Start?

1. Default Best *Basic* Free Editors - Where Do I Start?

I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be so I apologize if this is miscategorized...

I am looking to get into video editing and have very very little experience; I've used early versions of Pinnacle in the past but it's been AT LEAST 5 or 6 years since I've attempted to edit anything. I am seeking out your guys advice on what would be the best free and more simplistic editors to start out with? I don't really need a whole lot of capability, just looking to gradually work my way into this... can anybody recommend some programs that are aimed at beginner to intermediate levels? Also, what does everyone think the best way to learn is? Does it typically just come from screwing around with different settings and effects?

Thank you so much in advance!

I don't really need a whole lot of capability, just looking to gradually work my way into this

I would of thought your Windows Movie Maker would be the best option. Most other Freebie programmes usually have a 30 day or so time limit.

There are many helpful guides on this forum covering how to edit, how to get started and more. Check out the guides and reviews section!

Get a camera, make up a story, record that story, publish it

The story could be anything! The software is irrelevant to the story.
    You learn how to edit not by playing with effects but by trying to communicate a message and finding the best way of doing that with the material you have,