Thread: Help for video with SonyVegas pro 11

Default Help for video with SonyVegas pro 11

Hello to all of you
    I'm new to the forum and to the world of SonyVegas and video stuff. I have looked all over the internet for help, also searched here, but I did not find an answer to my problem and it may sound a bit stupid. Together with one friend of mine had to make a little video clip for one song that I've made. It's all good till now, but there's only one problem that I can't figure out how to fix. Sadly the photographer who helped us to make the clip have made it in a big resolution and the studio was not really big, so when I want to play the video on both of it's sides (left and right) you can see parts from the studio... like some of the illumination lamps that he used in the studio and some other stuff. I tried to use the "Event pan/Crop" but maybe I'm not doing it the right way, because it "zooms" the camera and there is still a little bit of those two sides that I want to hide/remove. I tried to blur them, but it looks ugly. Is there any other ways that I could use to remove/delete/crop/blur whatever those two sides of the video, without loosing the normal resolution and quality of the video itself?! Thanks in advance to everyone of you that could help me with this.

p.s. sorry for my english

Hey there!
    Seems like you are in the basics,Here is what you have to do...It is a little tricky but it will help you out,this is something we do here in Our Studio,dont worry we have sony's products here.So well lets get started.
    Reset all the pans and crops,just go to the Preset Drop Down on the top of the Pan and Crop window and select Default.
    Then,Create a duplicate of the same clip below the one you want to crop.
    Near the timeline,in the Pan and Crop window there is this thing called 'Mask',tick it.(Do this on the block you want to crop)
    From the tool bar select the one which is shaped like a pen and draw around the place you want to CROP OUT.DO NOT ADD FEATHER!
    You remember the block below the cropped one?Add some sweet ass effects to make it look awesome!
    Or,Just try and put in Vectors or FilmBurns to make it look epic.For more help Show us some love on our Facebook Page :whttp://www.facebook.com/BluMediaworks

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi_Nash View Post
    Hey there!
    Seems like you are in the basics,Here is what you have to do...It is a little tricky but it will help you out,this is something we do here in Our Studio,dont worry we have sony's products here.So well lets get started.
    Reset all the pans and crops,just go to the Preset Drop Down on the top of the Pan and Crop window and select Default.
    Then,Create a duplicate of the same clip below the one you want to crop.
    Near the timeline,in the Pan and Crop window there is this thing called 'Mask',tick it.(Do this on the block you want to crop)
    From the tool bar select the one which is shaped like a pen and draw around the place you want to CROP OUT.DO NOT ADD FEATHER!
    You remember the block below the cropped one?Add some sweet ass effects to make it look awesome!
    Or,Just try and put in Vectors or FilmBurns to make it look epic.For more help Show us some love on our Facebook Page :whttp://www.facebook.com/BluMediaworks
    Thanks very much, I have done it a bit different way, but now the only problems left is that the figures in the video are a bit extensible (I've cut it with the Event pan/Crop). I wonder now could I "return" back to normal size the figures and objects in the video as they were before I cropped the unwanted parts, and the other problem is that I made a big mistake with choosing a white screen instead of a green or blue one (I don't have them). So I used the Chroma-Keyer with green screen, just picked up the color of the background, but since it's really white (and also one of the lights that is in front of the models made them with the same white color on the skin) more on the forehead and two little parts on the hands, so after I put the "new" bg that I want (it's another video) now the main characters are little bit like "ghosts" with white fog around them like some sort of "god"-ish "alien" light xD perhaps this can be fixed?

In my opinion Vegas aint a good Compositing tool,try Playing with the High and Low Thresholds,or get After Effects its awesome.

To undo any cropping you have previously done. Open the pan/crop tool right click on the image and select restore. I'm not sure about the other stuff you've done could you post a screen shot to help explain what you did.