Thread: Anyone tried Movie Studio Platinum 12?

Default Anyone tried Movie Studio Platinum 12?

I'm assuming its a genuine product. The successor to Sony Vegas movie studio HD platinum 11. I'm a little suprised that no one is talking about it ..... unless I have been searching wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pbassred View Post
    I'm assuming its a genuine product. The successor to Sony Vegas movie studio HD platinum 11. I'm a little suprised that no one is talking about it ..... unless I have been searching wrong.
    It's only just been released (today or yesterday)
    They don't do pre release previews (tthough for the first time to my knowledge they are running a Bete programme for Vegas Pro - for serious users who will sign a NDA)
    Tim

pbassred,
    it's only been out since the beginning of last week, so I gather not too many users have yet had enough time to test it much. And many of us who use previous versions may have been waiting for the special upgrade offer .
    I've been testing the trial of the 64-bit version for a few days and no surprises there. The workflow has some trimmings to simplify things but I see nothing too radical there. A Titles and text media generator keyframe bug, which bothered me for one, seems to have been fixed.
    According to Sony, MSP 12 no longer supports Windows XP, but for Win 7 (and Vista) 64-bit users the 64-bit version should be a welcome addition, though the latest builds of VMS(P) 11 have limited 64-bit support. There's also the 32-bit version available. The NewBlue 32-bit video FX plug-ins which were bundled with Suite versions of 10 and 11 won't work with the 64-bit version of MSP 12 of course. So the Suite version of 12 may be better for those who make more use of FX plug-ins. Also v12 allows 20 tracks now instead of 10, but many of us probably don't need that. And it has support for GPU-accelerated AVC rendering using the Sony AVC and MainConcept AVC plug-ins, but it remains to be seen how it affects MSP 12.
    Not an essential upgrade for all maybe, but still, I'm probably upgrading.
    Last edited by vkmast; 08-15-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Well its in. 2 things of note so far. 64bit makes it quicker, and allows my PC to crunch higher res previews. The captions are easier to manipulate. But it looks the same ...... only sharper.