Thread: PreWedding

1. Default PreWedding

Blog Entries

I'm guessing they'll love it. There's plenty of camera movement and changes of shot to keep the interest.
    But for someone who doesn't speak Dutch (I'm guessing) and doesn't know them it's never going to hold much interest (I realise it's not meant to)
    Tim

This, in parts, is a well framed and executed piece of story telling, but . . . I'm gonna be brutal so bear with me.
    Please try watching without sound. Too, too many same scene shots. Sitting on the sette gazing lovingly is sweet, but only good for about 20 seconds.
    The whole video can be cut in half, then half again and still tell the same story.
    The god awful music that runs over the first half doesn't do you any favours either, so please try a re-edit to make this really tight, cut out the wobbles and the underexposed shots, tighten it down again and you'll have something that everyone, not just the couple, will want to watch.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

Hadn't spotted on first listen, but there's a lot of evidence of digital denoising in the audio. Not a lot you can do about it now, but it does rather emphasise the importance of capturing good audio in the first place.
    Tim

HI , the quality of the picture is very clear, may I ask what camera you used please.

6. Default

thanks!sony VG-10 sony nex5n with lens 18-200 & Panasonic GH2

Hi Thanks, and I also meant to ask which editing prog also if you don't mind. Keep up the good work !

also , that's a good selection of cameras, Just as a matter of interest, which part would you say shows the respective Sony''s off the best, and which the Panasonic. Did you have a preference of use or find particular attributes of any suited a particular scene . Was there a clear winner in your view.

Just my opinion on the video, Some of this is down to artistic taste and opinion on my part, some of it is not quite understanding why certain things were done that way. Zero has said the video was very well framed, I'm inclined to disagree but this is the line where artistic opinion comes into the mix!
    (( Read Zero's comment below...Me being an idiot as per usual ))
    0:11 So we've got cross fade, cross fade, cross fade and then ?!?! where did that transition come from? Why not a cross fade here?
    00:19 = Eyes in the middle? surely on the third?
    0:26 = Ummmm? why was it framed like that? Did she feel nervous about the camera so this was a compromise you took to get the shot but make her feel at ease?
    1:09 = Eyes in the middle? why not the third? - why was that effect needed? We've not seen anything like that so far so why was it needed? Did it help the shot or was it distracting?

I did not pick up on the bad audio, I was listening on rubbishy laptop speakers, spied Tim's comment, plugged my headphones in and went "oh yeah" - Mute the audio and watch all 11 minutes, Then consider that it is of absolute key to get the audio spot on.

Errr instrumental piece was from "someone like you" - That's a song for a couple who've just broke up right?......
    ADELE LYRICS - Someone Like You

I'd consider checking the lyrics of the original piece rather than hoping they don't pick it up as it's only an instrumental.

I hope my comments are helpful to you! Please receive them in the sprit of me trying to be helpful rather than me trying to rubbish your work!
    Last edited by Bpotter908; 08-17-2012 at 10:08 PM.

[QUOTE=Bpotter908;186708] Zero has said the video was very well framed, [QUOTE]

Bit of a misquote (I'll let you off though )- what I actually wrote was - "This, in parts, is a well framed and executed piece of story telling"
    Which was my way of offering a cheery opening statement, before my critical, but hopefully helpful assesment.
    I've seen these pre wedding shoots done so many times and many, particularly the USA ones, are just God damn awesome, so I know where the OP is hoping to be heading.
    If he does a search on love stories he'll see and hopefully be inspired as to how good it can be One of the exceptional UK producers is Jon @ De Rienzo and his version of a love story should be used as a torch at the head of the procession Wedding Love Story - Wentworth, SurreyWedding Video Surrey London Cinematic Videos De Rienzo Films
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

....I need to get my glasses sorted, #mustlearntoreadpostsproperlybeforereplying