Thread: LE 5.5 wont render FX

Default LE 5.5 wont render FX

I have had LE now for a while but have only been doing basic news type editing.

I now have call to do colour correction and use some visual FX.

The problem comes that it will not render. I receive a fast preview on my viewer but when it comes to exporting, it wont Render any of the final cut. Or Recording to tape, I just receive black where FX or fades should be.

When checking the Renderviewer, I see that it is doing nothing at all (I have clicked on "Render Yellow Slices" too). Am I missing a setting? There is enough room free on my hard drives (about 200GB). Stopping and starting the renderviewer still provides nothing.

Another question is,

Does anyone know how I can get my LE projects into Avid HD? Everytime I try using ALE or EDL, it wont import the locations of the footage which are on my Hard drives.

Please someone help me because I love Edition and would like to stick with it and I had similar problems with LE6 too so I reverted to this copy.

I am running Windows XP SP2 (If its this then Im going to cry because my version comes built in)
    Intel 3Ghz 755 chipset
    Asus EN6800 PCI-Express 256MB Graphics card
    Asus P5AD2 Deluxe
    2*2 RAID 1 drives (Plus singles on another raid input)
    Audigy 2Zs soundcard (not had a problem with this)

its a bit risky but have you tried dianosing the project? (Right click on the trash can) that can fix it, howabout if you start a new project with a couple of mins of video any probs then?

Ed
    First B/W semi pro music video in the bag! More to come.
    Dual Athlon MP 2800+ 2 Gig DDR Ram Pinnacle Edition V6.1 pro 2xXL1s

Default Render Issues

Hi papalazeru

I don't know if you still have the render issue or not, but the only time i have ever seen Edition not render is either when the renderer has been stopped manually, or the BIOS date and time is different to the windows date and time.

I know i sound crazy for suggesting the BIOS settings but it's true.

Regards
    Tony.
    Tony Rhodes

It can also occur if the render volume is full. For example, if you have set the render volume to be on another disk and that volume is full then the timeline won't render any slices.

Nice to meet you tonythetrainer. Welcome to the forums
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

I had a similar problem but I'm using liquid 6 and i had to upgrade my graphics card to cope with the realtime fx transitions.

This could be part of your problem.

Also Pinnacle told me that sometimes liquid will have trouble rendering with the system firewall turned on so to disconnect your internet connection and try turning this off.

Hope its of some help to you.

paul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG
    Also Pinnacle told me that sometimes liquid will have trouble rendering with the system firewall turned
    Really? Are they saying that they check your registration details before every render?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG
    Also Pinnacle told me that sometimes liquid will have trouble rendering with the system firewall turned
    Really? Are they saying that they check your registration details before every render?
    What do you mean?

Is that what I said?

Just passing on some help from their highly expensive help line, that info cost me 5.

Blog Entries

It's my understanding that a firewall issue would only be applicable if Liquid was attempting to acces the internet. The only reason I can think for Liquid to require a connection would be to verify your registration details.

Thanks for sharing the info though.

Actually they do check before you render as it puts the Pinnacle logo in the top right corner of the slices being rendered if it cannot verify registration.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid