Thread: Music Repetion

Default Music Repetion

well, its my first time using sony vegas pro ever, and i was wondering if anyone would tell me how to take a certain part out of a music file and then make it repeat and turn it into another music file repeating the same tune step by step. thank you.

Sony Vegas Pro 11

Blog Entries

Depends on what yu mean by a "part".

If you mean a sequence in time (eg a riff, a bar, or a chorus), simply place the audio on the timeline (or tin the trimmer) and use "S" to split before and after. Adjust the begining and end for accuracy (click & drag) then either:
    (a) cut & paste as many time sas you like
    (b) create a sub-clip from the selection. Place the subclip on the timeline. Ensure "loop" is on and drag for as many repeats as you like or
    (c) render out to a file. Re-import that file. Put it on the time line, ensure "loop" is on and drag for as many repeats as you like

If by part you mean separate an instrument/voice from the track - good luck. this is like separating the ingrediants after you've baked a cake. You certainly can't do it in Vegas (though judicious use of EQ may help a bit) but Sony has a new product "Spectral Layers" which may have a good go at this.
    Tim

.......No return reply from OP.....
    In Vegas Studio v10. there is a plug-in called Vocal Eraser, I've not used it, but understand it uses the phasing to revmove any "centre" voice - but I suspect it doesn't remove it entirely, unless the thing is set-up "just right".... which it never is! Some adjustment of the "Pan" setting might help . . . . maybe.

I bought the production suite and you can (select clip), export the whole Audio into SoundForge, play with it, clip start/finish/edit clicks etc. (best to reduce their volume to zero, so as to preserve clip-timing... then Export as a "named .WAV file" - this can be brought into VS as Audio media and plonked on the timetine.
    I'm not keen on "S" splitting any clip if this can be avoided - which it can in this case.

The above avoids cutting the timeline clip and there is no need to Remove from Group, when using SoundForge. I suspect Pro will have similar Export facility . . . maybe to Audacity where those cuts can be made.

er, FWIW.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 08-30-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    I'm not keen on "S" splitting any clip if this can be avoided - which it can in this case.
    Why?

And why faff about with all that exporting when Vegas will do the job par excellance? Vegas started life as an audio editor - and even with little skill cracking results can be achived.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Why?
    I was just going to ask the same!
    Tim