This forum looks perfect for me and I will certainly make the effort to comment on some other peoples videos.
I am very good at writing books but not very good at making videos (or very new to it anyway!)
I have cobbled together a video trailer for my novels using Movie maker and a few photos / effects / transitions and it was a real learning experience to a beginner movie maker.
I am hoping for some general feedback on my video.
Things I thought about whilst making it were:
- is the length about right?
- does the content keep the watcher interested?
- have I kept things like sounds effects and transitions too simple?
- do the still shots garner interest?
- is the content sufficiently intriguing to make someone interested in learning more?
- is the blurring / greyscale and close ups of the person an effective technique?
- does it look amateurish?
I would welcome any feedback positive or negative.