Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toilet Fight from 2010 Feature Film

Default Toilet Fight from 2010 Feature Film

This is a fight scene from a feature film I shot back in 2010. The picture quality is poor but this was a stepping stone for us to be where we're at now. The fight does showcase some of the energy we've incorporated into our fights today. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

2. Default

Hmmmm
    I didn't find the fight too realistic.
    Way too many punches and blocks in there and it sort of reminded me of a Bruce Lee old movie.
    The fighters also seemed immune to any damage, cuts, bloody noses and never seemed stunned by any of the impacts to their faces.
    Also there never seemed to be anyone who was edging the fight - I would like to see one guy looking desperately lie he is battling the odds.
    They both seemed to be giving as good as they got and that neither was really in jeapordy.
    In a film I would liek to think the odds are stacked against our "hero".

I liked the close up in your face camera though and the shaking and the switching camera angles.
    It is very "Jason Bourne shooting" which I like but with those fights there seems to be consequences to the actions.

So - the shooting was good and the camera work and editing, just wasnt crazy about the choreography although it was fast and intense!

Thank you for the comment! The choreography has improved greatly in the last two years from us!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gdn35 View Post
    Thank you for the comment! The choreography has improved greatly in the last two years from us!
    why not show us some of the new stuff so we can see the improvement comparison?

Not a problem.

Here is a trailer to my most recent feature film I shot this year (there are various fighting clips here)

You can also see a full fight here. It is a test fight I shot a few months back for practise.

7. Default

Not a problem.

Here is a trailer to my most recent feature film I shot this year (there are various fighting clips here)
    Im a bit off opic reviewing the trailer as opposed to the video skills, but Im going to anyway.

It looks like a cross between Rocky, 8mile and Kickass, which could be a good combination!
    The main lead (the slim guy) comes accross very well I think. He is obviously a bit quirky looking but that makes it interesting and I actually think has a really good screen charisma.
    I presume the film is a black comedy as opposed to an out an out drama thriller. It comes accross as a black comedy in the trailer so I hope Im right because if it is 100% thriller then the trailer gave the wrong impression because it seems to have comedy elements.
    I liked the music and the flashing scenes at the start and the build up but when the music stops and the talking begins with the woman who says "ive been following this for years", it wasnt as good. To be truthful, she didnt sound as convincing to me and almost seemed reluctant to be saying her words. Maybe she could act the part a bit more realistically as everyone else was believable I felt. It ended well though and showed how the film builds into some kind of drama with some menacing figures.

Just one question, you guys obviously love Kung Fu style martial arts but for authenticity purposes, this doesnt work for me. If i were to imagine some illegal street fighting on the mean backstreets of Glasgow I just dont see it being hi-octane close quarter fast paced Kung Fu. I would imagine it would be dirty, brutal, raw and bloody. When you watch illegal fighting films, its a deadly brawl as opposed to a skilled Kung Fu exhange. (Perhaps with the exception of things like Bloodsport or Karate kid).

Im not sure if you make a few films or if fighting is your main thing, but I think you obviously have some skill in film making and choreography.
    Im impressed that you have made and created a whole film on a presumably low budget. Do you do that for pleasure or to sell in some amateur film market?

Anyway, I enjoyed the trailer and hope you dnont mind feedback on it rather than the vidoe editing of which I dont know much!

Thank you for the feedback. We make films for a hobby and for next to zero budget (nobody gets money from the films we make). Fight scenes is my niche but I've learned filmmaking over the years, fighting aside. I've actually just completed another feature film which is a dark drama (not a kung fu film). I appreciate you watching this. Thanks again.

9. Default

Thank you for the feedback. We make films for a hobby and for next to zero budget (nobody gets money from the films we make). Fight scenes is my niche but I've learned filmmaking over the years, fighting aside. I've actually just completed another feature film which is a dark drama (not a kung fu film). I appreciate you watching this. Thanks again.
    I just watched the trailer for "Legion of Evil" on your site.
    That was hilaroius!
    How do I go about buying it from you guys please?

Haha, the production values and filmmaking for that film is shocking. See Store | Noble Brothers Productions for more details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast