Thread: Help whit Pc and graphic card

Default Help whit Pc and graphic card

Hi, this is the first post I write. I'm from Spain, my English is not very good, I apologize so something is not well understood, helped me with the google translator.

This year I graduate, I'm studying film postproduction. Since I started on this in the postproduction I used a Mac, and recently sold my iMac 27 ", to make a more powerful computer for less money, a hackintosh. The programs I use regularly are:

Final Cut Pro 7
    CS6 Premiere
    After Efects CS6
    Ps and illustrator CS6

But this year I'll start with Avid, nuke, Resolve or SpeedGrade. They work a little with Apple Color.

I would like to mention to the components I have in mind, and that helps me improve on something if necessary. I have a budget of 1500 + (500 monitor). Not much money but to start with a good way is fine.

MotherBoard: Aus SABERTOOTH X79
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 Processor (10M Cache, 3.80 GHz up to) 29
    RAM: 2x G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X 16GB 2x8GB PC3-12800 CL10 /g_skill_ripjaws_x_ddr3_1600_pc3_12800_16gb_2x8gb_c l10.html
    Storage System: Crucial 128GB SSD SATA3 M4http://www.crucial.c...ULE=CT128M4SSD2
    Raid Storage: 4x WD Black 1TB SATA 6 Gb / s 3.5 7200 1 TB 64 MB
    Power Supply: Corsair TX650 650W V2Enthusiast Series
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
    Case: USB3.0 R3 Fractal Sets Arctic Whitehttp://www.fractal-d...egory=2&prod=72
    Fans: 2 x 120mm Black Cougar Vortex
    Monitor: Dell U2711http://accessories.u...8284&redirect=1

The monitor is expensive but is the best I've found for that price and a resolution of 2560 x 1440.

You will find that the graphics card is not listed, I do not know what model to choose. Had in mind a GTX 560 or GTX 570 you. The GTX 570 seems expensive, and the 560ti not know if it's enough. Do not mind paying 300, if the card is going to work perfectly 2-3 years. I've looked at some models of ATI but do not support CUDA. Feel free to any suggestions, but I will not pay more than 300 for a graphics card.

I always work with video files recorded with a 60D, 7D, 5D. But sometimes I work with RED. I need a powerful computer that works well fluid with 4K, 3D in After Effects 3dmax, you can tweak the color well, fluid rendering. I am not seeking a beast for 1500 but look for something better than an iMac and last me a couple of years without problems.

Thank you very much.

I'd love to help you, Unfortunately what you are doing is violating the terms and service agreement of owning Apple software by installing it on hardware not assembled by them.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with Windows-7 for video production, Apple is not the be all and end all of video production, I myself have a high end Win-7 work-station that can handle just about anything I throw at it.

Another note, As soon as you purchase this monster workstation, How confident are you that work is going to come your way as a freelancer?

Would it not better serve you to seek employment with a company that has invested thousands into their post-production facility instead? That way you will have access to the high end hardware with minimal expense to you, Then after 5-6 years you can review whether you go freelance or...start up your own post house?

Thank you very much for answering. One option would be to switch to windows 7 for me is not a problem, but I have always worked on mac. I have since I work in a commercial production. But also I have freelance work I need to finish my house, so I need a machine at home can afford to work in peace. I just need help with hardware, because I'm pretty lost.

If your getting freelance work often enough to justify the cost of this system, Why not go freelance all the way?
    Secondly, in 3-4 years will you be happy to fork out this kind of cash again to stay "current" with new technology?

Also, as much as it pains me to admit but Thunderbolt technology looks pretty damm good and the big boys at Blackmagic/Aja hardware are certainly leaping behind the Thunderbolt standard, Have you got thunderbolt anywhere in your system? Especially if your working with high end cameras, a lot of the big boys seem to be moving more towards capturing footage onto devices outside the camera and ingesting them via thunderbolt I/O -

Is it worth buying a second hand Quad core I7 Imac with thunderbolt and then every 1-2 years upgrading to the next model of second hand Imac?

Thanks again.

The new Gigabyte z77 have two new thunderbolt ports, it works on hack.