Thread: Lighting Problem needs correction

Default Lighting Problem needs correction

I made a video of a christening recently by setting up my video camera on a tripod and let it roll while I took still photographs around the church of the guests, the family, the Vicar etc..

Unfortunately the sun coming through the windows as it went on its journey made some parts of the video difficult to see but I know can adjust the lighting in Corel Video Pro. I have tried that, but that changes the lighting for the whole film as it is one continuous piece of about 35 minutes. How can I split this into several clips so I can adjust colour as required? I've tried reimporting it but can't find how to split it as I do so.

Any help would be appreciated - this is the first video I've tried to edit with Corel so am still learning.

Thanks

Peter MacGregor
    (Keen newbie!)

Blog Entries

I don't know Corel VideoStudio Pro at all but lokk at page 65 of the manual:

http://www.corel.com/content/pdf/vsx...r_guide_en.pdf

(Use the scissors icon to split a clip into two)
    Tim

Thanks Tim - I did try that but will have another go. I got the impression that because the whole video was one clip I was having trouble splitting it - maybe just inexperience on my part.

Peter

I'm sure you can cut the long-clip (that's what Editors do), but you will need to join* the visuals so the fault is "disguised" - perhaps you can use some of the Stills to create "cutaways" - indeed this is probably the best use for those extra frames. If the vid is 30mins that's too long IMHO. YOu need to create a "short version" for interested neighbours - and include the "Whole show" as a separate Title on the same DVD.
    Most DVD software will allow a SlideShow as well, so you can include any shots that don't make the DVD.
    + Did you have the camcorder on AUTO? there is discussion on this, with Pros and Cons.

Good luck.

A fade Transition should do . . . try to avoid using every Transition the software contains - thes are nearly always distracting . . . . the ideal Transition should go unnoticed, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    I'm sure you can cut the long-clip (that's what Editors do), but you will need to join* the visuals so the fault is "disguised" - perhaps you can use some of the Stills to create "cutaways" - indeed this is probably the best use for those extra frames. If the vid is 30mins that's too long IMHO. YOu need to create a "short version" for interested neighbours - and include the "Whole show" as a separate Title on the same DVD.
    Most DVD software will allow a SlideShow as well, so you can include any shots that don't make the DVD.
    + Did you have the camcorder on AUTO? there is discussion on this, with Pros and Cons.

Good luck.

A fade Transition should do . . . try to avoid using every Transition the software contains - thes are nearly always distracting . . . . the ideal Transition should go unnoticed, IMHO.
    Many thanks vidmanners. I know the clip is too long - but the parents wanted the whole thing so what can a poor video operator do? LOL I'll cut it about a bit and see what I can produce. I'll let you know i due course what I managed.

Peter