Thread: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 Audio Problems.

Unhappy Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 Audio Problems.

Please help, I'm having a hard time with Sony Vegas 8. Whenever I were to input a song into Sony Vegas, It would play the song in slow motion. Then I think to myself, "This can be fixed easily". I go to were it says Rate: 0.00,(<--it says that normally when you stop the video) Down at the bottom of the screen. When I play my AMV it says: Rate: 1.00, So I found at what rate the song was supposed to be at, Rate: 1.40. So I put it at that, Render the video, and when I play it.....its slow motion . I go back to Sony Vegas, look at it, and it says Rate: 1.00, I fixed it again and rendered it. Slow audio . So here my point, when ever I switch it back to 1.40 rate, save it like that, render it, it would be slow audio. Please help me!sony.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

That is the playback rate, which only affects the speed when playing back in the timeline.
    If you want to slow down the actual event on the timeline, you can right click it and select properties. In the Audio Event tab, look under Time Stretch / pitch shift. Change the metod then play to your heard's content.
    Alternatively, stretch the event by holding down the Ctrl key whilst dragging one end of it.
    Tim

I'm going insane here, no matter what I try it sounds nothing like the song. Maybe the voice but the music itself no. Maybe Sony Vegas Pro 8 isn't the best program to use, suggest anything?

Blog Entries

Perhaps you need to explain the problem in a different way. What do you mean by: Whenever I were to input a song into Sony Vegas, It would play the song in slow motion?
    How are you "inputting" a song?
    Tim

Well, I did what I always did when making AMV's. Drag the song audio to the video time line. Always works out, up to now.
    This should explain it ----> A pic.JPG

Blog Entries

So, let me get this right. You drang a sone (which plays at normal speed in Windows Media Player) onto the Vegas timeline, and the song plays slowly. The Rate (lower left) is set to 0.0.
    Right-click the audio event on the timeline. Click on Properties. Please confirm that on the Audio Event tab, the "Method" under Time stretch / Pitch Shift, it is set to "none". If it is not, change it to none.

Also check that you have not added a "Time Stretch" effect to the event, the track, or the output. From your images I can see that you do not have one on the event, you do have FX on the track (but this is normal - these may just be the default noise gate, EQ and compressor) and have you inserted any assignable FX (look at the green icon above the master volume levels)
    Tim