Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Olympic Video - Honest!

Blog Entries

Default Final Olympic Video - Honest!

The Olympics finished it's third and final day in Surrey last Wednesday. And now I've finished filming and editing the Olympics.

Tim

Nice one Tim. The usual good delivery on the VO. I'm not sure if there was a little bit of over use of our favourite transition in this. I thought the still frames a a nice touch.

Well done.

Blog Entries

Thanks for yor comments Midnight. on the button as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    over use of our favourite transition in this.
    Actually this one was slightly different. Just "Smearing" without "rolling"
    I hate the overuse as well (you know how anti-transition I am), but the issue is really having 61 cyclists (no I didn't try to get them all in!) shot from the same location. You just can't cut them together. A cutaway each time also looked forced. I think maybe I should have taken much more in the way of close-up cutaway footage that I could have used instead of the filler stuff (ie the non-featured cyclists)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I thought the still frames a a nice touch.
    I had intended to caption these with a flag, name and medal, where relevant, but I got side-tracked by a technical issue which I have described here and then forgot about it!
    Last edited by TimStannard; 08-07-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Tim

great video
    the swoosh transition got old after the first three
    the music was a bit better than last time
    when the rider goes by, you could throw in three still images with the "flash flash flash" sound -- the images could show a) the rider as a baby, b) the rider in some embarrassing situation, c) the rider in ten years bagging groceries at the 7-11 -- just an idea -- it worked in Run Lola Run
    you are pronouncing some words like a Canadian! -- e.g. you said "punctured" instead of "poonctured" like most of my British friends seem to -- is this my influence?

I love your narration - well paced, great timbre, and with an interesting story...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    great video
    Thanks Zam
    the swoosh transition got old after the first three
    Hmmm. Looks like I'm going to have to do something about that in future vids. 2/2 people have mentioned it so far!
    the music was a bit better than last time
    Same source. Same album. Same struggle to find anything. Even dug out Acid and had a play but could get what I wanted as making music from loops doesn't feel like being a musician (here we go again ... )
    when the rider goes by, you could throw in three still images with the "flash flash flash" sound -- the images could show a) the rider as a baby, b) the rider in some embarrassing situation, c) the rider in ten years bagging groceries at the 7-11 -- just an idea -- it worked in Run Lola Run
    LOL
    you are pronouncing some words like a Canadian! -- e.g. you said "punctured" instead of "poonctured" like most of my British friends seem to -- is this my influence?
    I think your British friends must come from north of Watford!
    Last edited by TimStannard; 08-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrzee View Post
    I love your narration - well paced, great timbre, and with an interesting story...
    You're too kind! I was a bit stuck for ideas on this one so it's a bit "literal" for my taste, but I'm happy it serves its purpose.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I think your British friends must come from north of Watford!
    Agreed. Tim and I are from the south east, and therefore don't have an accent.

Great job. Feel I should mention that the first few freeze frame type things, I thought my laptop was just being slow. Took me a few to realise it was part of the vid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foodage View Post
    Feel I should mention that the first few freeze frame type things, I thought my laptop was just being slow. Took me a few to realise it was part of the vid.
    LOL! That's a very good point when it comes to streaming vid. Never thought of that. Perhaps the web version should have a caption saying "Do not adjust your set" (That's for older members) Thatks for your kind words.
    Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast