Thread: First Work

Default First Work

So this was the first thing I've ever edited, just a simple video of my friends in our A-Level trip to paris.

Youtube link - Paris Trip 2012 - YouTube

Not too shabby... nice rhythmic cuts, but I felt it was too much motion... got dizzy in the middle... maybe if you'd let the eye rest once in a while... but perhaps it's just right for it's intended audience... speaking of which, based on a somewhat offensive sound track, you pretty much lock your audience to only a specific group of people... my guess, is that it was intended...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzee View Post
    Not too shabby... nice rhythmic cuts, but I felt it was too much motion... got dizzy in the middle... maybe if you'd let the eye rest once in a while... but perhaps it's just right for it's intended audience... speaking of which, based on a somewhat offensive sound track, you pretty much lock your audience to only a specific group of people... my guess, is that it was intended...
    Very impressive for a first video edit and nice camera work. I agree completely with last post about the sound track which I didn't much care of being of an older generation slightly irritating, but I very much enjoyed the filming and way it was edited which was clever and interesting. The transition between shots and scenes was flawless. The black and white works well but I feel it denies the viewer a true experience of the city, it would be nice to see colour in a city like Paris!

I'm glad you said it was Paris, as I wouldn't have guessed otherwise.
    Music - I presume this is really what you are promoting...?
    I switched off after 30sec
    Er, FWIW.

Keep Filming, + good luck.

Good stuff man! I'm enjoying these new travel style videos that have come out recently. It looks very "vimeo". I think you've almost got that style down. A what you see is what you get.

The only thing that i would suggest is to find CC music so you can make a small profit off your youtube videos! I just got my first $100 from the tube.

Really appreciate the comments, just wish i didnt have to film it from my phone.. gonna need to get a camera at some point! And apologies about the music, just a song I was in to at the time