Thread: Audio capture issue with Studio 9.4

Default Audio capture issue with Studio 9.4

When capturing, I seem to have no audio preview, eventhough audio (and video) are fine during editing/playback. It's an issue not being able to monitor my audio levels during capture (to select good takes, etc). Pls advice. Thanks.

My system is a P4 1.5, 512RAM, nVidia GFORCE FX 5200

Pinnacle Studio does not have an option where you can monitor sound during capture.

I would have thought it difficult to select takes on capture anyway. If you want to weed out some of the bad takes before capture you'd be best to play the tapes onto TV and note the time code of the clips you want, and simply capture them. Perhaps download onto VHS tape to watch it through, that way you can easly stop, rewind etc, without using your camcorder all the time.

Alternatively, make an avi file of the good takes after capturing all of it, and then discard the original capture so you are working with a smaller pool of clips.

Besides, just because the sound is bad, it doesn't follow the visuals won't do (depending on the subject matter, synch etc) and you may be able to either adjust the sound while editing or dub from elsewhere.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Default Pinnacle Studio

That's interesting, I didn't know Pinnacle Studio doesn't support sound during capture; good to know. I'm used to Final Cut Pro & Premiere.
    Thank you for your reply