Thread: Vegas 11 Invalid argument specified

Default Vegas 11 Invalid argument specified

I'm having a nightmare trying to render an mp4 using vegas 11. Here's my settings:

I've changed swapping the frame rather between 25, 30 and 29.970, but that doesn't help. I've even tried switching most options around with zero luck, and have probably tried most combinations now. I don't have DivX installed, but I tried uninstalling ffdshow to see if that would help. Unfortunately, it did the reverse, Vegas couldn't even load the .avi files without it. Reinstalling ffdshow, I unchecked the divX option (Having read similar reports of success with installing divx for some people), but still no luck, it just refuses to render my mp4 files. And the 'invalid argument specified' message is so frustratingly useless.

Is there anything else I can try? Or a different render method I can use that will give me good quality videos, and that can handle 1920x1200 videos.

Thanks again!

Edit: When I tried a batch render with it, I get the following exception:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ApplicationException: Render failed:

file name: E:\youtube\cleverness_Sony AVC-MVC_Main Render.mp4
    Template: Main Render
    at EntryPoint.DoRender(RenderArgs args)
    at EntryPoint.DoBatchRender(ArrayList selectedTemplates, String basePath, RenderMode renderMode)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Objec t target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Sony.Vegas.ScriptHost.ScriptManager.Run(Assembly asm, String className, String methodName)
    at Sony.Vegas.ScriptHost.RunScript(Boolean fCompileOnly)
    Last edited by iviv; 08-07-2012 at 11:12 AM.