Thread: I need advice...

Question I need advice...

Hi guys I am new to this. I will like to do some TV recording , some interview some will be brocast other will go to youtube. etc. I will also will like to learn editing. They have offer me a Sony HDR-FX1 for $1000.00 i really love that is HD. Do you guys thing that is a best buy? Or can you recomend me any other camera ? Thank you guys

It's a good camera if you know what you're doing, but to learn the craft I'd suggest something a lot easier pref using SDHC memory rather than tape, which is increasingly difficult to handle, (and can be accidently taped-over ). Do you have a fast PC to handle the HD footage? That will be expensive if you don't already have it. Few modern PC's have "FIreWire" that you will probably need for that Sony.

For £1000 you can get a SD900 (not sure what local $ prices are, but likley to be cheaper!), which still has some extra features and is thought by many o be very usable + High quality.

YouTube requires little in the quality stakes, but a decent tripod always helps.

The danger in buying s/h kit is that you buy something with a fault, at least with a new Panasonic you have some security.

Another alternative is a still camera which has Movie-features. Again these should be less than your s/h price.
    Why not look in your local photostore?
    Last edited by vidmanners; 08-06-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    It's a good camera if you know what you're doing, but to learn the craft I'd suggest something a lot easier pref using SDHC memory rather than tape, which is increasingly difficult to handle, (and can be accidently taped-over ). Do you have a fast PC to handle the HD footage? That will be expensive if you don't already have it. Few modern PC's have "FIreWire" that you will probably need for that Sony.For £1000 you can get a SD900 (not sure what local $ prices are, but likley to be cheaper!), which still has some extra features and is thought by many o be very usable + High quality.YouTube requires little in the quality stakes, but a decent tripod always helps.The danger in buying s/h kit is that you buy something with a fault, at least with a new Panasonic you have some security.Another alternative is a still camera which has Movie-features. Again these should be less than your s/h price.Why not look in your local photostore?
    Thank you for the fast reply. The SD900 is what brand? Also I heard that the Sony HDR can be use with a external drive using FireWire m is that correct ?

I try to Find the Panasonic sd900 and the only thing i round was the st900. What about Canon hv30, Sony HDR-HC1,canon gl2a, Canon vicia ?