Thread: Toshiba Camileo Z100 3D Camcorder Sample Video & Stills Gallery

1. Default Toshiba Camileo Z100 3D Camcorder Sample Video & Stills Gallery

Demo 3D video taken with the Z100 @ a local garden using a monopod (natural light & sound)
    Toshiba Camileo Z100 3D Camcorder Still Images | 3DMOVIEMAN Gallery | Phereo
    Stills gallery hosted on Phereo
    The Toshiba Camileo Z100 shoots half side by side mp4 3D video 1080p & 720p
    as well as stills. It also has an external mic input, which is pretty rare for budget 3D
    camcorders. The stereo base is 30mm, questions and comments are welcome.

Hi,
    Thanks for posting that, tried with Red/Green, works OK, but slightly off "planes" effect when close-ups are in-frame (abt 2/3 way through).
    (( I suspect this is common to 3D filming.))
    The YT indexing is terrible, so the following reviews came over with Tosh X100 which isn't 3D and appears to have no Manual zoom/focus option and no Mic-input. However, it does seem to have a 10x zoom wich must be pretty good at this price-level, except Tosh footage isn't quite up to the mark, IMHO - but I have only see YT material. Also the opwner mantioned you charge the battery via USB - this is not good if you are missing the action! The battery should be replaceable.

Back to the z100
    Mic input?
    Level-controls?
    Optical Zoom?
    Manual Zoom and Focus?

And maybe try your camcorder under a mixture of lighting. - and I suspect try to keep away from close-ups - but it would be interesting to see what happens filming someone (like Interview) where they are the only thing in focus....

Good effort, are you pleased?
    +It's a good price for so much kit....

3. Default

The Z100 does have a mic input
    It is a fixed focus camcorder/camera with a minimum focus distance of 1 meter
    It has 4X digital zoom in 3D mode & 10x digital zoom in 2D (No optical zoom)
    It has a removable lithium-ion battery & a wall charger as well as a USB charger (the battery life is decent, I got well over an hour of recording & playback before charging was needed, Toshiba website says 1 hour 40 minutes)
    It records mp4 on SDHC cards, it has NTSC & PAL modes 1080p 30 fps (max) 720p 60 fps (max)
    It records the 3D video in half side by side format & stills in full side by side format jpeg
    For these photos & video I left the white balance on auto to see what the camcorder would do on it's own (there are 3 manual white balance settings daylight, fluorescent & tungsten)
    There are also some basic scene (skin,night) and ISO settings (auto, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400)
    It's a neat little budget 3D camcorder, I think it could be a lot of fun for people who have a 3D television (you can hook the camcorder to the TV via the mini HDMI cable)
    I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Back to the z100
    Mic input?
    Level-controls?
    Optical Zoom?
    Manual Zoom and Focus?

And maybe try your camcorder under a mixture of lighting. - and I suspect try to keep away from close-ups - but it would be interesting to see what happens filming someone (like Interview) where they are the only thing in focus....

Good effort, are you pleased?
    +It's a good price for so much kit....