Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: second enc/MB collaboration

Default second enc/MB collaboration

This is the second (or rather first) collaboration between myself and Midnight Blue. I uploaded the a rough edit and MB wrote and recorded the Voice over within a day or two (the mans a fast worker )

im fully aware of the short comings on the footage and editing side and i wasn't going to post it here but i think i owe it too MB for his input on the project.

i hadn't set out to make such a video we happened to be out for a walk and i started shooting as the sun went down. all shot hand held on a Sony HX20V.

Last edited by enc; 08-04-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Beautifully composed images and loved the VO. I'm a sucker for the golden hour!

The only shot which was a little jarring for me was the tilt up the gate with the cottage in the background - it looked a little out of place with the other images. The music from American Beauty went through me a little bit too. Even though I think it's a great track it's used a little too much on TV.

All in all though I really enjoyed it!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

There are some beautiful shots in there. I thought the opening title sequence worked extremely well and watching through made me wish I could write and record. Mind you, I used to do a pretty decent limerick.

David.

Beautiful and relaxing.... Also liked a lot the titles initial sequence of shots.... On the opposite direction, the "The End" at the end was so abrupt and colour unmatched to the rest.... Just a "The End", I know, but it looked rough after so much care... Liked the music (didnt remember it from AB)

Quote Originally Posted by Fingercuff View Post
    Beautifully composed images and loved the VO. I'm a sucker for the golden hour!

All in all though I really enjoyed it!
    Yup, its the best time of day, especially with no wind about.

Quote Originally Posted by david walsh View Post
    There are some beautiful shots in there. I thought the opening title sequence worked extremely well and watching through made me wish I could write and record. Mind you, I used to do a pretty decent limerick.

David.
    Thanks David. Flash card is sorted BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Just a "The End", I know, but it looked rough after so much care... )
    aahhh, i changed the font but forgot to change "The End

Thanks David. Flash card is sorted BTW.
    All good, glad to hear it.

David.

Blog Entries

Very nice. One I'll watch again and again.

You've got a great voice for this sort of stuff. I find it fascinating how you manage to be such an old romatic and yet the world's biggest cynic when it comes to the human condition.

I was going along with the text quite happily until you used "design" in relation to nature, but I'm sure you used it poetically rather than literally.

Enc - if that's an example of stuff you don't usually post, can we see some more please.
    Tim

So, this the sort of thing you get up to while I'm away for the weekend. Posting videos behind my back.

"the worlds biggest cynic of the human condition". Bloody 'ell, I didn't realise I was such a miserable old bugger.

enc did such a great job with this, I don't know what we can do to top it on are next collaboration...

I thought the narration was great -- reminded me of when I was a young lad watching Coronation Street with my gran.
    Great video.

You get Coronation Street in Canada !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast