Thread: Help a small film company get on its feet!

Default Help a small film company get on its feet!

Indigo Res: Indiegogo Start-Up Campaign Pitch Video - YouTube

Hey guys, I'm a filmmaker located in Newfoundland, Canada. I'm looking to start up a small film company, but right now I don't have the money, so I started a crowd-funding campaign here: Indigo Res Film Company -- Indiegogo

Once I reach my goal, I intend to release weekly content for free on Youtube in sci-fi, action, fantasy, and supernatural genres, among others.

So please check out the links and either donate or help spread the word. Any support is appreciated.

Errr.

Your pitch video is a close up of a talking head for 3:09? Can you at least release some kind of trailer of previous films you have produced?...Might be a lot more helpful to your campaign

I realize the video is weak. It's not what I had originally intended to post, but the person who was supposed to help backed out, so I had to make the video myself. The whole point is that we're new, so we haven't really produced anything. My latest videos are a few years old and I no longer have access to them unfortunately. I intend, however, to create some effect shots and short footage to showcase, but I need a few days to get it all together and uploaded, so it'll be a few more days at least.

Originally I wanted to have a whole montage of new effects footage with a voice over, but that became difficult to do by myself, so I decided to upload this quick explanation (the video is so close on me because my mic had trouble picking me up from further away), and I'll upload some new stuff soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Res View Post
    I realize the video is weak. It's not what I had originally intended to post
    I really think you shpould have waited until you had something to show. At the moment you are trying to get people ton invest in something where they are not going to make a return, you have not track record and not even a hint of what you might be capable of.

I have, once, contributed a very small amount of money via IndieGoGo towards a film for no reason other than the feel good feeling of helping make something happen. However, the film maker had made several films I has been impressed with and was clearly progressing.

What you're basically saying here is "please can i have some money to make films" with film that makes anyone think you don't really have a clue about how to make films (poor composition, light, sound etc). It simply doesn't sell you. And you really need to work hard to sell the concept - take a look at this posted by a man who's done it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to raise money this way, but just that your marketing is all wrong.
    Tim

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I really think you shpould have waited until you had something to show. At the moment you are trying to get people ton invest in something where they are not going to make a return, you have not track record and not even a hint of what you might be capable of.

I have, once, contributed a very small amount of money via IndieGoGo towards a film for no reason other than the feel good feeling of helping make something happen. However, the film maker had made several films I has been impressed with and was clearly progressing.

What you're basically saying here is "please can i have some money to make films" with film that makes anyone think you don't really have a clue about how to make films (poor composition, light, sound etc). It simply doesn't sell you. And you really need to work hard to sell the concept - take a look at this posted by a man who's done it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to raise money this way, but just that your marketing is all wrong.
    Thanks for the input. I read that post and it is very insightful. I completely agree with you, so I contacted everyone I can think of who can help get some good footage made for a much better pitch video. I have lots of ideas for one, so I'll remake it. It need be, I'll simply restart the campaign over with a new video and some updated info.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Res View Post
    Thanks for the input. I read that post and it is very insightful. I completely agree with you, so I contacted everyone I can think of who can help get some good footage made for a much better pitch video. I have lots of ideas for one, so I'll remake it. It need be, I'll simply restart the campaign over with a new video and some updated info.
    Excellent. Be sure to post the new one here!
    Tim